It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 09:36 AM  
(male)

geezgeez HB User
Strange Stomach Problems

Hi,

I am a 28 year old male, not overweight an have generally been in good health.

I have been having some strange stomach problems for about two weeks now.

It first started as a mild discomfort on the left side of my navel area, near the lower ribs. Over a few days the discomfort progressed and it felt like a had a tight band across my whole stomach including lower back pain around my kidneys.

I also had alternating constipation to looser stools. I saw my doctor last tuesday who has taken a urine sample and I have a blood test this coming tuesday.

A few days ago I was closely feeling around my abdomen area, and I have noticed what feels like a rib fracture. On the left hand side around the 11th / 12th rib, on the very edge it feels as if the rib is fractured. It is difficult to describe I must admit.

If you were to place your fingers in the upside down V where your ribs start to divide in your chest, then run your fingers down the left hand side keeping them on the edge. Around the last two ribs I can feel what I can only think is a jagged piece of bone sticking out.

It is very tender around this area, and I am wondering whether this is a rib injury that could also be causing the bowel problems I have been having?

I plan to make an appointment with my GP first thing tomorrow.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, this has caused me a great deal of worry. I am a real hypercondriac when it comes to Bowel problems, my best friend died of Bowel cancer 3 years ago and he was only 25.

Thanks

Leigh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2008, 07:34 AM  
(male)

geezgeez HB User
Re: Strange Stomach Problems

Saw my GP and I have been diagnosed with an imflammation of the cartiledge around that rib area.

So it appears my bowel problems are unrelated, my GP advised to increase my fibre and fluid intake and ensure I get enough exercise which I have been over the last week.

I had been suffering from quite bad back pains which is probably due to my consipation. Now today my bowel movements are quite loose, and I am going very frequently. Quite a lot is being passed as well.

Does anyone think this is normal in the sense that my bowels are clearing out the excess waste?