It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 11:45 PM   #1
(male)

monkeyc HB User
Question about Post Resection Bowel Movemements

Hi All

I have read so much of this board and never gotten the courage up to post before but I am sitting here with a question that I thought perhaps someone an answer.

I am 36 with a 2 year history of Diverticulitis including 2 very severe acute attacks that saw me hospitalised - I underwent a laprascopic resection last thursday (6/3) that went very well - they removed approx 25cm of the colon (sorry i'm an Aussie so no idea what that is in inches) and also repaired a forming but thankfully not complete fistula between the small bowel and the colon (small bowel was not compromised yet thank god).

I left hospital after 4 days due to drug complications (i dont sleep in hospital well and combination of fentanyl and my bi-polar started causing me problems with disconnection and it was thought i was better off at home) and ive been having no issues aside from 1..

Normal BM was on day 2 post op and ive been passing heaps of wind, im in a low residue diet of mainly soft foods and my bowels are opening very regularly ("dont make any plans after eating" regularly in fact...) but what worries me is I am putting out bright yellow stool with little content and a lot of acid - very much like the stool you see during a colon prep pre procedure.

Is this normal in other peoples experience or should i be seeing my doctors? I feel pretty good otherwise, most of the gas has now left, some pain and distention still from the lap and a little nausea now and then which passes quite fast (and is nothing new)

Any advice or thoughts most definetly welcome !

Last edited by monkeyc; 03-11-2008 at 03:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread