It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
(female)

Tifferzz HB User
Did You Have Stomach Cramps/Pains After Colonoscopy And Endoscopy?

Hello all, I have a question, hopefully some of you here can give me your opinions. Yesterday I had a Colonoscopy and an Upper GI Endoscopy done. Since I had gotten home yesterday, I have had constant cramping/pain in my lower stomach. The one area I feel the most is on my left side, about 4 fingers down from my belly button but to the left of it and that is the constant pain. The right side is a lighter pain but it's also about four fingers down from my belly button but to the right. The pain is not cramping me over or anything like that .... it's just an annoying constant pain and I am wondering if this is normal after having these procedures done and if so, how long does it last??

For the women out there who have had these procedures done, it feels like "Menstrual Cramps" but higher than where menstrual cramps normally are.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am just seeing if this is normal.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Did You Have Stomach Cramps/Pains After Colonoscopy And Endoscopy?

It is not unusual to have some cramping after a colonoscopy --- since your colon was completely emptied. Filling it back can result in spasms and/or cramping. Some people have no problems and the others do.

If your cramping continues for more than several days -- I think you should contact your Doctor!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
(female)

Tifferzz HB User
Re: Did You Have Stomach Cramps/Pains After Colonoscopy And Endoscopy?

Hi Harry! Thank you for responding, I appreciate it. Today the cramping is lighter than it was yesterday, so that is a good thing. Glad to hear someone else's response on it. This was my first one I have ever had, so was not sure and didn't have anything to compare it to. I am not really feeling it on my right side today, but I am still feeling it a little on my left hand side. The weird thing is .... it is where the Doctor was pushing before my procedure and I had pain there when he was pushing in that area. Maybe that is where he took one of the biopsies or something.

Just curious, does anyone here have Celiac Disease? I got my blood work back yesterday, and my "Immunoglobulin A" was 86. The lab ranges for this are: (81 - 463). If I am reading right, a low Immunoglobulin A could mean Celiac Disease?? I know my level is only 6 points away from being low, but I am wondering if this could be what has been causing all of my symptoms for over a year now. I would think a normal "Immunoglobulin A" would be more towards the middle of the Lab ranges somewhere, give or take some?? Do you all think my Level is too low or too close to Low and that I could have Celiac Disease? If anyone here has had that test done and you do have Celiac Disease, what was your blood test result for the Immunoglobulin A? I know they also took a Biopsies when I had the Endoscopy done, and I am taking it that they took the Biopsy right at the Small Intestine to check the Villi??

Closed Thread