It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
(female)

anasaltman HB User
Angry what is wrong with me?

I have no idea what I have. Initially, I realised a few years ago that I had a problem with getting constipation frequently. I dutifully increased my fibre levels and started to drink close to 2 litres of water a day. It seemed to help, though with some swings to constipation needing some laxative relief or such. Over the last 6 months however, it appears to have got worse. Before Christmas I had severe stress in my new job from June to December. I could feel at times that my stomach really hurt from all the distress I was going through. Then Christmas and over eating and by New Year's Eve, I had my first ever bout of spasms accompanying my constipation. Still, water, some mild laxative teas, a day of nothing but fruit would soon set me right again. I started on a small-meals diet about 4 months ago, eating every 2 hours, very small meals and that helped initially. Then it appeared I wasnt eating enough at a time for me to actually have daily BM habits. So i increased my meal portions. Now, its really gone crazy. I have had very very soft stool for the last 2 weeks or so, which felt more like constipation since I couldnt pass anything because it was too soft. I get pencil thin stools, really small and lots of very smelly gas usually for about 2 hours after I have eaten lunch for the last 2 days. And the pain! I feel like I have been inflated from the ribcage down, with pain either under my ribcage, around my lower abdomen or like a vice around my waist. SoI feel like I need to go, I know I do, been constipated at the same time for 3 days now. What is wrong???!! Can I have constipation even though the stool is very very soft-so more like not-yet diahrea, and not looking like its going to be. So, whats up? Is there stool well formed higher up and I am just soft below? Are all the fibre supplements I am still taking working?? HELP!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
(female)

roxrog2 HB User
Re: what is wrong with me?

Any time you have a change in your bowel habits you should see a doctor. I would see a gastro.

Your symptoms could very well be IBS, but you should know for sure that is what it is rather than something more serious.

Closed Thread