It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
(female)

molly67 HB User
internal perineum pain - post-op sigmoid colon resection

I had a colon resection 8 weeks ago to remove a twist in my colon. Most of my sigmoid colon was removed.

My doctors thought that my colon was pressing on the uterus, causing pain and discomfort.

Since the surgery, I have had a lot of pain when sitting ---- sort of a burning sensation ---- that radiates between my (internal) rectum and (internal) perineum.

These are basically the same symptoms that I had before the surgery, and I am now concerned that it may be something else altogether.

My doctor says that I just need more time to heal --- He says I should give it two or three more months.

Has anyone else had symptoms like these?

Last edited by molly67; 03-17-2008 at 01:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
(female)

beachlovr HB User
Re: internal perineum pain - post-op sigmoid colon resection

A lot of pain issues revolve around the pelvic region. I had pain issues after a pelvic surgery that never got better until I went to a special physical therapist for pelvic floor dysfunction. I cannot remember all the terms my PT used with me about the pain in the pelvic region. I know that I had a "short pelvic floor". All the pain from my pelvic surgery made my muscles down there all tighten up. Just like most tense/tight muscles, it caused me pain.

I did a bunch of research online to find the cause of my pain and a solution for getting rid of it. Many doctors just want to give you some medicine and say that you will feel all better in a short amount of time. That is not always the case.

While doing my research on pelvic pain and pelvic symtoms, some of the terms I came across were as follows: "Pelvic Floor Dysfunction", "Trigger Point Therapy", "pudendal neuralgia", "short pelvic floor", "Musculoskeletal Causes of Pelvic Pain", "vulvodynia", and "vestibulitis." These are just a few of the terms that I have read about regarding pelvic pain. There are many, many more. I know that burning in the areas you mentioned were involved with some of these.

Just do some research. I hope you can find some specific answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread