It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
(female)

cody48 HB User
Bloated problems........help???

Over the last 2 1/2 years or so I have had two "bouts" with a bloated problem. As soon as I eat I feel like I have eaten a huge meal even if I eat a small amount. It lasts a week or maybe two and then goes away. A couple of weeks ago this started again and I feel the problem in the stomach area and then my abdominal area fees really full and bloated just really uncomfortable.

I know myself well enough to know that when I start having a problem that is unusual I start worrying about it and then it gets progressively worse and IF I decide to finally go on to the doctor they can't find anything and then it goes away. I'm not a hypocondriac but an a worrier.

Now I've decided that bloating is a sign of ovarian cancer. I have had some minor pain in the ovary area. I'm almost 60 so it isn't ovulation. My friend laughs at the fact that I am a pessimist and never realize that it could be as simple as an ovarian cyst (not that those are always simple).

Can anyone give me any ideas as to what is going on???? I'm quite scared now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
(female)

tigger2211 HB User
Re: Bloated problems........help???

Im ALWAYS bloated and it drives me NUTS! For me, its a number of things. It depends on what I eat, stress, acid reflux, trapped gas, an empty stomach, etc..the list goes on, lol. I AM a hypochondriac and have never attributed it to anything serious. It is dependent on a number of things for me. I take over the counter antacids and gas reducers, drink peppermint tea and walking around is good to get things moving as well. I hope you find some relief. I know how annoying it can be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

libloom HB User
Re: Bloated problems........help???

Cody.....

Your bloating could be due to any number of things. It's normal to worry, but see a doctor please....a gynie and/or a gastro doc. There's nothing like peace of mind. I worry, too, with every new pain or symptom (I'm 60), but realize that, after having things checked out, I worried myself silly for nothing.

Make that appointment.....and please come back and let us know how things go for you.

Best wishes,
Linda

Closed Thread