It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
(female)

CourtneyS HB User
Celiac symptoms + wheat "allergy" & low b12/d

I'm 21 years old and have been having problems with bad bowel movements, severe headaches, intense fatigue & reactions to "wheat" since I was around 17. Everytime I eat anything with "wheat" in it or in its ingredients I begin to sneeze and cough heavily, my eyes water & I develop a severe headache. body pains, fatigue and nausea within 20-30 minutes. Throughout the day I feel weak and tired, and my hands "shake" badly, especially around lunch time. If I eat wheat on a daily basis my bowel movements essentially become "liquid diarrhea" (light yellow/white) and are accompanied by severe bloating. This seems to ONLY happen if I eat wheat, yet my celiac tests have come back negative. My doctor didn't seem concerned with my other reactions (other than diarrhea) because they didn't fit the "celiac" paradigm. I was tested for 'wheat allergy' but had no skin reaction and no reaction to the pulmonary tests... My doctor was very concerned and sent me for further bloodtests... Found out I had drastically low in vitamins b12 & d - he said he had never seen levels so low for someone my age. I then went for more tests... had to take barium and had an xray done? (Sorry I'm unsure of the name) but the results were "normal"... These problems have been accompanied by SEVERE cramping pains in my lower lower left abdomin as well as nausea and throwing up - I began to have "attacks" when I was in Panama on vacation in May of this year and the doctors believed I had bladder stones. After more and more tests all they could tell me was the area was "inflamed" and gave me antibiotics (gosh, what else is new...) This pain comes and goes but seems to show up more during sexual activity? I can always "feel" it there... I've also lost all sexual interest within the past few months... Recently I've just given up: I stay away from wheat & take alot of B12 (orally) and will be seeing a gastroenterologist on April 3rd. While my diarrhea seems to have cleared up I continue to have problems with my bowels and still experiencing bloating after I eat (anything)... My stools come out on a long "string" and are hard and black...

Maybe I'm over-reacting and none of it is linked but I'm getting fed up of not feeling well... Any help, similar experiences, recommendations etc would be amazing... Thank-you.

Last edited by CourtneyS; 03-28-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread