It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
(female)

Laurie67 HB User
I think that my symptoms are caused from ANUSITIS

I have just begun searching for answers or help with my problem and I think that my symptoms are caused from ANUSITIS - I thought it was just a fissure too but now after reading this, I am sure it is what is wrong.

A few mnths ago I went to the doc re: constipation - he suggested stool softeners - they dont help with my problems now. It is now to the point that EVERY morning when it is time for a BM I am almost in tears before I start, the anxiety the pain brings me is horrible. I have pains like a razor blade is nicking me internally ( just inside the rectum, hense the thought of a fissure) I have blood with my BM's most days, sometimes not so bad but sometimes enough to make me nervous. The stinging and throbbing of it afterwards makes me unable to sit so I have been applying polysporin to ease the pain and to help with healing - it works only slightly.
My BM's feel like they start out like I am constipated so it is very painful to begin this process daily - I dread it! Finally after I can relax enough to go, it just burns like a lit match is up my you know what!
I use TUCKS to soothe it a bit but it isnt enough I wash very carefully and after reading about ANUSITIS I have learnt that is very important to do.. there is also itchiness involved at times and this causes more grief because that tends to dry out the skin more and make the burning sensation magnify unbelievably.

I have not been back to the doctor for this *yet* as I hoped to be able to control it myself. No luck so I guesss I go back with my self diagnosis, altho I know he'll want to do all sorts of tests to me - which I HATE - becuz they seem to always be useless and time wasting. I hope he does only what he needs to and gets me SOMETHING / ANYTHING!! to make this pain go away or at least lessen, I can not imagine going through this daily, indefinitly.

From what I have read about ANUSITIS sufferers seem to NOT be cured but can find some relief.
Geesh this is aweful and I hope that someone someday can find a bettter solution.
I am becoming the QUEEN os *itis's*
I have Tendon*itis, Athrit*is, Tinnit*is ( constant ringing in the ears ) and I think now ANUSITIS - when will it end!

One note - EVERY one that has commented on the ANUSITIS forums I have read state that DIET is very important and I am now going to research what DIET is beneficial...
Any suggestions? help??!! Will be greatly appreciated as I am just beginning my mission to deal with this aweful health issue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
(male)

easytiger HB User
Re: I think that my symptoms are caused from ANUSITIS

hey laurie, see my post on "recipes for anusitis". It is true, anusitis can easily bleed like fissures. And apparently if left acute can encourage fissures as it did for me. I'd be happy to talk to you more about it.

edit: "meals for anusitis"

Last edited by easytiger; 04-05-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
(female)

Sabrina67 HB User

Laurie67 , Did you ever find any relief I read your post and it sounds exactly like what has been happening to me. I haven't went to the dr yet . The burning you describe is monumental for me. And the pain is ongoing and SEVERE. I have tried more creams and crap than anyone can imagine. I have been in bed all day with a heatpad on my bum . Please let us know if you get any relief.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
(male)

easytiger HB User

Sabrina, creams and ointments just complicate anusitis. Strict diet is key. After a bm wipe gently with damp paper or cloth, dap a slight bit of hypoalergenic scentless skin cream and place a cotton ball between your cheeks. This should halp a tonne.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:16 AM   #5
(female)

Sabrina67 HB User

Easytiger , thanks for the help. I am supposed to go have surgery on monday to remove hemmies. I went to the Dr. and they said they were my problem, but I am so scared. They never mentioned Anusitis. But it sounds so much like what I have . Even the diet part as I notice a HUGE difference with what I eat. I read such horror stories about recovery from surgery I am really nervous. I am in so much pain now I hope it wont be worse than this It takes me 2 hours to get over "going" as it is. Plus pain meds and heat.
Wish me luck and again thanks so much.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:16 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User

Laurie, are you better. I've been having this problem for months. I have chronic constipation & no matter what I eat it's no better. If I go a couple days w/o BM I start getting some better then when BM pain starts again. Hope you're better.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:28 PM   #7
(male)

easytiger HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi2 View Post
Laurie, are you better. I've been having this problem for months. I have chronic constipation & no matter what I eat it's no better. If I go a couple days w/o BM I start getting some better then when BM pain starts again. Hope you're better.
Good to hear that you are having some relief Sabrina. If the Dr. feels that some surgery is necessary try not to fear. Picture how you will feel 2 months from now when all is healed!

Sammi, I know that feeling!

Are you taking a fiber supplement? Have you tried metamucil 2tsp in the morning 2tsp in the eve should cure the constipation. I eat a very low fiber diet now (with the exception of fruit) I haven't missed a day in months. I find that with the metamucil soluble fiber and my present diet, my movements are pretty good. Trouble starts when you have a high unsoluble diet AND metamucil. Fiber overload!

Closed Thread