It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2008, 06:31 AM   #1
(female)

KDD 26 HB User
Protruding Hemorrhoid

I posted something like this is the bowel disorder board and no on got back to me. I figured I would try to see if anyone here had any ideas.

I have a protruding hemorrhoid. It usually comes out with bowel movements and then goes back in. Sometimes, like on Sunday, it will stay out for awhile before going back in. I then go through a day or two of itching, a little bleeding, and a little pain before it goes back in.

This time was different. It does go back in on its own, at night. It then reappears the first time I use the bathroom in the morning, bowel movement or not. It then sticks around all day causing the same problems all external hemorrhoids cause. Then, when I lay down to go to sleep, it goes away just waiting for the process to start over again.

This is really annoying since I get so exicited when it goes away, but then so disappointed when it comes back. Walking around irritates it, but that really isn't a problem since I have a lot of time off this week. I go back to work on Saturday and am dreading being on my feet all day if this hemorrhoid is going to be there.

Any ideas on what I can do about this?

KDD

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2008, 06:35 AM   #2
(female)

tinkywinky HB User
Re: Protruding Hemorrhoid

Maybe its a worm? Just kidding! I think you can have them removed by a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2008, 03:17 AM   #3
(female)

MrsQueeZ HB User

Sounds like the internal thrombosed hemmorhoid that I had, which means it fills with blood and hangs down, coming out. I had it banded, after putting up with it for years on and off. While the doctor was in there, I had a couple of others I didn't know about, and I had those done a few weeks later. Not too bad at all, other than the vasovagal response I had, which is like the body's reaction to being 'violated.' I felt nauseated for a few minutes, felt shaky and kind of faint, and wasn't sure if I was going to vomit or have diarrhea, of which I had neither. It passed within an hour, followed by a week or so of on and off pain, which was less than the hemorrhoid untended. And that was only because it was an iffy one to band, rather close to the anal opening, and close to a nerve. The ones that were in further, I had no pain at all. A colon rectal surgeon can have you up and running in no time at all!!

Old 05-23-2008, 07:07 AM   #4
(female)

KDD 26 HB User

Yesturday was a great day. I had some itching after going to the bathroom, but no hemorrhoid. Well, let's just say, I shouldn't have gotten so excited.

I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom. As I was sitting there I could feel the hemoorhoid protruding. Not only that, it starting bleeding. I didn't have a bowel movement, but it still came out and started bleeding. Thinking back, I did sit on the toilet longer than I needed to, but still. I can not believe that sitting there made it protrude.

I just hope that it goes back in for tomorrow because I have to go to work. All of the places I have read said that sitting is painful, but for me the constant standing and walking makes it the most uncomfortable. I don't know how I am going to get through the day.

After the little episode this morning I was thinking about making a doctor's appointment, but of course they are closed for the holiday weekend.

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE

Old 05-23-2008, 09:01 AM   #5
(female)

kitkat98 HB User

KDD,

I have the same type of Hem. I normally have mine lanced as it is very painful. After the last time on last tuesday the doctor told me to get Nupercainal. You can get this at Wal-mart. This is not out on the self you have to ask for it. This is a hemorrhoidal and topical analgesic ointment. It does hep relieve the pain. Agter i had this done i went home for the day and started using the Nupercinal and went back to work the next day. ( I sit at work all day). The doctor told me to use this four times a day. You can try it, it is worth a shot. They can also band them as stated depending on the size of it. I had some that they did that to that had not dropped yet. I completely understand how you feel. I hope you feel better soon!

Old 05-23-2008, 09:56 AM   #6
(female)

KDD 26 HB User

Thank you for your reply.

I wish I could sit at my job. I am sitting here doing school work as we speak on a pillow and am in no discomfort at all. It is like there is nothing wrong, but as soon as I walk around the discomfort comes back.

It just amazes me how a skinny lump can make you feel like there is this huge ball just sitting in between your butt cheeks.

KDD

Old 05-25-2008, 08:55 PM   #7
(female)

KDD 26 HB User

It has now been a week since this hemorrhoid has been acting up. It only protrudes now when I am having a bowel movement, especially when I strain. It only stays out for a few hours before going back in. I don't actually know its there except for the fact that when I wipe I feel the lump. Other than that there is no pain, itching, burning, etc. This is nothing like the beginning of the week when I had to sit just to not feel anything. Like I said it is like there is nothing even there. Is this something I should have checked out or can I wait to see if it starts bothering me again?

Old 05-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
(female)

MrsQueeZ HB User

I know if they band it, they prefer it to be calmed down and not causing you pain. If it is flared up, they might just have you wait and come in when it is settled. I hadn't thought of this when I made my appointment. I went in, thinking, gosh, it's fine now. What if they think it's no big deal? But they could see it just fine, and it was easier to work with in that condition!

Closed Thread