It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
(female)

kgh823 HB User
chron's or lymphma

My daughter is 23. Past three years complained of stomach pain. To make this short, had endoscopy, colonoscopy, CT (2 times) and pillcam. Ct shows circumferential wall thicening of distal terminal ileum, mildly prominent mesenteric lymph nodes in right lower quadrant of abd, 1.3 x 2.2 lymph node in right lower quarant mesentery, other lymph nodes smaller in size in same location, uterus moderate hetrogeneous. Hyperplastic lymph nodes in ileocolic region, intra-abdominal demonstrates nonspecific adenopathy involving ileocolic portion of the messentry, incidental right ovary cyst. Pillcam shows small polyp in distal small bowel, mild lymphoid hyperplasia in distal small bowel, medium size submucosal nodule in mid to distal small bowel, multiple aphthous ulcers throughout, Grade II esophagitis. Hemoglobin and Hemacrotic is low, monocytes low, very high CRP - inflammatory, low carbon dixoide, the two test for possible crohn's came back negative and ANA lupus test came back negative. She is hurting in stomach always, nauseated but does not vomit, no engery at all, lymph nodes in neck and under arm swell at times, not sore and not always, but swell up and down. The doctor not sure if chron's or lymphoma or what. Doctor seems concerned, but is taking her own sweet time. She wants her to have a laparscopy. Does this sound normal. I can handle whatever is wrong with my daughter be it chron's, cancer or just inflammed, but something needs to get done. She is not staying at college because she is so tired of feeling bad. Do you think laparscopy is the right direction and why and when will they find out. Any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
(female)

Shoshanna HB User
Re: chron's or lymphma

I have Crohn's, Uveitis and Ankylosing Spondylitis. Over the years I have many cystscopes, endoscopes and gastroscopes. The last set that I had done showed a growth in my stomach. It was biopsied and found that I had a lymphoplasmacytic infiltrate that was not caused by the disorder H. Pylori. So they took a wait and see aproach to see if any other site would be found. To this day there has not been any other found in my stomach; but, last week I had an x-ray done that showed a nodule in my lung. So now I have to have another CT scan to look at it. I understand your frustration but I feel I am further ahead of you on what this could be. They have already explained to me that if the nodule in my lung turns out be anything that they will put me through to a oncologist and heamotologist right away. So I await to see what happens.

I wish you all the luck and suggest that they push your doctor to search further to see what is going on.

By the way my blood is clear except for CRP that is slightly high.

Shoshanna

Closed Thread