It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2008, 07:01 AM   #1
(female)

jy001 HB User
Strange bowel movements - mucus?

I just firstly note that it was only 3 weeks ago that i came off a 3 month course of antibiotics..so this may be related to the pills i dont know. While i was on the antibiotics my bowel movements were usually not 'right' ...quite loose and often with urgency..but apart from that they looked ok ..and i expected them not to be normal because they were strong antibiotics.

For the last week or so however they seem to have changed...they are either not formed or if they are they look 'waxy'...they also seem to have orange bits and quite a lot of mucus (or some white mucus-furry like substance!)...in fact sometimes its JUST mucus...lovely i know

Also it seems that everytime i go to the toilet (even if just to urinate)..i end up doing a bowel movment as well...not because i cant hold it back..but because i feel as though i need one frequently...so this is bascially happening about 10-15 times a day. Ive also had some quite nasty constipation and pressure of my lower stomach that i at first thought was the beginnings of a urinary tract infection....any ideas? If it continues i will obviously go see my doctor but im not looking forward to it! And apologies for the graphic detail!

Old 06-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
(female)

ScarlettA HB User
Re: Strange bowel movements - mucus?

Sounds like you have clostridium difficile - commonly known as C-diff.
I suggest that you go to the gastro doctor ASAP and get medication.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #3
(female)

elle1044 HB User

I noticed mucus in my stool a few years ago. I went to the doctor, and he said that mucus is sometimes a symptom of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).

Old 06-05-2008, 08:00 PM   #4
(female)

ScarlettA HB User

Hi again - The fact that you were on long term antibiotics makes it sound more like c-diff. however, if you are feeling OK, then maybe it is just IBS? Take a look on this board at a message called Clostridium difficile question. See if you think that sounds like you?

I responded to her question, because I had c-diff and I'm familiar with the symptoms and the treatments. It is serious, but it is very treatable, although sometimes takes a long time.

Keep me posted on how you are doing?

Closed Thread