It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
(female)

nutbug21 HB User
Chronic constipation and sleepy bowel

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I am 25 and suffered with constipation since i was little. It even got so bad that at 12yrs old i was in hospital for a week on strong meds to help empty me out.

I just went to see a gastro doc and he mentioned that my bowel might not be working in a part of it. Like its doesn't contract, just in a section. The only option for that is to have it removed. But due to other medical conditions this isn't a option at the moment, and i need to get used to doing enimas and stuff.

Well my question is does anyone know the proper name for this? He did say it but when i go to doc appointments i don't take it all in.

Also if anyone has this how do you cope?

Thanks in advance

nutbug

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Chronic constipation and sleepy bowel

Have you tried Miralax? It is now over the counter. I too was constipated most of my life and finally got so bad my doc prescribed Miralax. It is wonderful. My bowels actually function and tell me I need to go on a regular basis now, especially after meals. No more hard work trying to make bowels move. The pressure was the only way I knew it was time to have a BM and then had to use low water enema in order to move anything. I now am a happy camper, more like a normal human being.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
(female)

elle1044 HB User
Re: Chronic constipation and sleepy bowel

How long does it take for Miralax to start working? I find that if I take a regular laxative, it either doesn't work or it causes severe abdominal pain/

Closed Thread