It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2008, 06:47 AM   #1
(male)

pghines HB User
Question about leaking and ileostomy reversal

you stated you had leakage. I am having the same trouble. Was ok for a little while but never totally fool proof. You are the first I have heard of the same trouble. I went one week changing barrier from my ileostomy 12 time because of leakage. Did anyone explain why the leakage? I am contimplating reversal, but i dont want the trouble of not being able to control my bowels afterwards. My ileo was Feb 2008. So its been pleanty of time. How about recoup time? Any advise would be appreciated.

Last edited by mod_007; 07-09-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Moved to new thread. See posting policy re posting to old threads.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
(female)

Leslie35 HB User
Re: Question about leaking and ileostomy reversal

I had the same trouble as you did. I got these rings that were made of the same material of the bonding agent. I hated it at first. It leaked and hurt so bad I could not stand it. My mom ordered me these rings made out of the same stuff as the glue. It worked wonderful. It was not long after I got the rings and the bag was no longer a big deal that it was time to have it undone. Having the surgery to put everything back was no big deal. No where near as painful as the infection I had that made the need for an illeostomy. The next day I was up and walking around. By the 3 days I felt totally normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
(female)

cleo81 HB User

I recently had emergency surgery where my colon was taken and was given an ileostomy. The problem is the ileostomy is in the crease of my stomach and the ileostomy bag will not stay in place. The bag has to be changed every 2-4 hours due to leakage. I am waiting to hear from surgeon if he will reverse it. The area around my stoma is raw and I am wondering if anyone has ever had an ileostomy in the crease or fold in their stomach. It is the worst place for an ileostomy. The surgeon had to take out a hernia and therefore had to place it there. I am working with a ileostomy wound care nurse now, but am still having problems. Any suggestions on what I can use to keep the bag in tack?

Old 08-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
(female)

cleo81 HB User

[QUOTE REMOVED]

Leslie,

Could you tell me about these rings and where did you get them? My ileostomy is leaking too, due to it being in the fold of my stomach. I am in great pain from it being changed every 2-4 hours. Thanks

Last edited by moderator4; 08-22-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Quote is unnecessary.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
(female)

victoriab47 HB User

Hi. I recently had a week from hell with my bag leaking. I called shield healthcare and discussed the problem. They suggested the rings. I ordered them and I've had my bag on now for over two weeks with no leak, no pain. I had been using Hollister products but I began ordering Convatec and preferred the stoma hole already cut into the flange. The rings from Convatec already have the desired hole width in them as well and they work well. Shield Healthcare phone number is: 800-228-7150.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:40 AM   #6
(female)

ashfat HB User

These rings you are talking about, are they the Eakin seals? Because we have tried them on my Mom and are having no success. She has an ileostomy and we have tried Eakin seals, paste, flexible flanges, moldable flanges, nothing works. We continue to leak. Changed flanges 5 times in a 24 hour period. Any ideas?

Ashfat

Closed Thread