It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
(female)

Lizardwoman85 HB User
Unhappy How to ease anal fissure pain?

Hello everyone,

I was diagnosed recently with a pretty severe fissure. I'm going to have Sphincterotomy surgery here in a couple weeks. My problem right now is I am in so much pain I cannot function. I seriously am rolling in bed in pain from this fissure and I need some serious relief. I was going to call the doc tomorrow to see if I could get some stronger pain killers (Ibuprofen and Tylenol aren't even taking the edge off), but am worried about possible constipation as well as the fact that I'm probably going to be on similar drugs after my surgery and want to make sure I'm not on them too long.

Are there any suggestions for those out there who've had fissures on ways to ease the pain until after my surgery?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Old 07-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
(male)

johnny75 HB User
Re: How to ease anal fissure pain?

Unfortunately there is no other pain med you can take that will ease the pain.
Anything stronger will have codeine, morpheine, or other narcotics which will cause constipation. The docs gave me some towards the end but I had to up my stool softners and metamucil and still got constipated.... You can give it a try but be careful....

Your only hope by this point is usually the operation....and although it is taking months to heal up completely the intense pain fades rather quickly.

good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ladybuggy02 HB User

i would think your dr would give you somthing there are lots of meds for things before jumping to the big ones and i'm sure the stool softner wiould be good along maybe something like mirlax along with it a nd exlax to we have duff bowel prob in my family not a fissure so bad though you'll be in my thoughts mybe they coulkd give you something topical a lidocane in the area i don't know if thats possabile but i would ask!!
good luck
ladybuggy

Old 07-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
(male)

Catatonic HB User

Slab the area with lidocaine, and ask your doc for stronger pain meds. my doc gave me lortab (hydrocodone 5/500) and just said to take lots of fiber and stool softeners like colace to counter act the constipation side effect of opiates. So far so good. For me, pain meds are the only thing that really helps my pain. I know its not not good and I have to be careful, but its all I have left.

Closed Thread