It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
(male)

seeker100 HB User
Incomplete Evacuation

Ok basically my problems appears to be I dont seem to fully 'go'.When I go to the toilet I can never sem to get clean afterwards.Even with a shower,if I wipe a few hrs after there is stool on the paper.

My stools are very soft, but formed.Pretty sure this is due to eating my 5 a day,as I was recently ill and had no food,which made my stools much firmer (my problem has been going on for months so not related).

Because my stools are so soft I thought this may be the problem,that they are not fully coming out (as they seem to get less formed towards the end).Is there a way to firm them up?I think more fibre makes mine less formed,but I dont want to cut fibre out as it is unhealthy.

Also are there any problems that can cause incomplete evacuation?I thought maybe a blockage,but I go regularly (usually once a day),and my stools are quite bulky.

I would appreciate any advice as this is really bothering me.Thank you

Old 08-09-2008, 02:34 AM   #2
(male)

thisnamewilldo HB User
Re: Incomplete Evacuation

I hope there are replies as i have a similar problem. How much water do you drink a day ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
(female)

Tazzycat HB User

If you are female, we woman have the advantage here; this is what I do--I put my clean, washed finger inside my vagina and push backwards toward my spine, push downward, and out comes that last piece of stool.
Men can't do that.
Just another advantage of being female.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
(male)

seeker100 HB User

Lol unfortunately I am male and cannot do that!

Erm I usually drink between 5-10 glasses of water a day

Old 08-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I think you need to take more water soluble fiber like psyllium seed husk. It will bulk up your stool and make you regular with the feeling of a complete BM with minimum straining.

Last edited by Harry; 08-09-2008 at 09:42 PM.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:32 AM   #6
(male)

seeker100 HB User

Will that not just make them softer?Also is it normal to have flat stools?Mine are rarely 'sausage shaped'.Tend to be like 1.5"+ wide and about 0.5" thick,but have a more flat shape.I put this down to the soft consistency of the stool,is that right?

Old 08-10-2008, 07:22 AM   #7
(male)

seeker100 HB User

I have also noticed that when I wipe later on after a bm,the stool seems like liquid.I dont know whether this is because I am quite a sweaty person and this makes it like that,or could it be something else?

Its weird because it kind of feels like the anus doesnt close properly,yet if I havnt gone one day then there is no problem,which seems to rule out leaking?

Old 08-11-2008, 04:54 AM   #8
(male)

thisnamewilldo HB User

I have sympathy for you as i have the same problem. I don't know if it can be solved, but i think it's more about damage limitation. If we have the same problem, then you'll find more getting stuck if you eat foods with less fibre. Try 6 pints of water a day, and try foods with more fibre.

Have you went to the doctor ?

Old 08-11-2008, 06:08 AM   #9
(male)

seeker100 HB User

[QUOTE Removed]

It is definately worse with less formed,sticky stools.For me fibre seems to make my stools softer and softer.I need something to bulk/solidify them I think.

I mentioned it to my GP when I went for something else,but he didnt seem concerned and just told me not to worry!

Last edited by moderator4; 08-11-2008 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Quote is unnecessary.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:13 AM   #10
(male)

thisnamewilldo HB User

Have you tried psyllium husk ?

I know it isn't easy being open about the whole things. Do you find that there can be a foul smell at times, or that alot of the secondary wiping that needs done is worse after some exerceise or whatever ?

Old 08-11-2008, 09:59 AM   #11
(male)

seeker100 HB User

I havnt tried any supplements as of yet.Are they ok to use?I already eat the recommended 5 a day etc.

I never notice a smell but with exercise it can be worse.Sure this is due to sweating which is bound to cause problems.Its weird because I dont go everyday and when I dont go there is no problem.To me this seems to indicate its more that it is incomplete evacuation,as opposed to leaking.What do you think?

Old 08-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #12
(male)

thisnamewilldo HB User

I think it's an incomplete movement. Even if it's just the last couple of percentage of the cr@p. Or maybe it's a delayed movement from within the collon or whatever leads to doin a cr@p.

Maybe you'll need a high fibre diet. I had a senokot tablet the other day and it didn't help, infact probably made it worse, goin for a dump was fine and required less bogroll, but the delayed cr@p was worse. I ordered pysllium powder before but sent it back because i couldn't envisage myself drinkin that rubbish tastin stuff everyday. So i will stick to taking fibre as much as i can, drinking water and i will eventuaully try the psyllium capsules.

One of the things i don't like is the reccomended dose. If it says take 5 a day then what use it that ? you can get that in a couple of bits of fruit or whatever.

That doctor of yours probably told you not to worry because he/she didn't want to give you a rectal examination.

Does it effect work or social life etc, also what age are you ? i'm askin it because i've had the problem for a long time and there's no sign of it getting any easier.

Last edited by thisnamewilldo; 08-11-2008 at 11:13 AM.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #13
(male)

seeker100 HB User

Yer I think that is what it is.I imagine this could be caused by an obstruction but there is no pain when going and the stools are not thin.Can this be caused by something like IBS?Where your colon/anus doesnt push it all out?

Having a softer stool def makes it worse as must be harder to evacuate.I agree that the doc probably didnt want to do an examination so I might go and see another.However he obviously wasnt concerned and I cant find things on the net about it which makes me believe (hope) its not anything serious,just annoying.

It doesnt really affect social life,just its not pleasant and is very annoying.Im only 22 and Ive only noticed it in like last 6months,but it could well have been going on for years.

At least with it having occured for so long it suggests its nothing too serious,as it hasnt developed into anything else.Have you seen a doctor?

Old 08-13-2008, 12:18 AM   #14
(male)

thisnamewilldo HB User

I had a rectal examination years ago and the doctor said there was no problem. I didn't quite explain what the problem was properly though.

I was under the impression that a softer movement was better, because it's easier to push out.

It could well be that your problem could be caused by an internal hemmoroid. That could be causing the obstruction.

An examination is pretty quick. He or she will shove a glove on and have a feel around. Tell me how it goes. I will try the husk capsules and tell you how they go.

Last edited by thisnamewilldo; 08-13-2008 at 12:19 AM.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:23 AM   #15
(male)

seeker100 HB User

Yer I knw softer stools are better,I just think they are too soft for some reason! I did read that this could be caused by a hemmoroid or a fistula,but I have no pain or blood so I thought that ruled them out?

Im not sure there is an obstruction as I have previously asked about flat stools and the doc said that is down to them being soft,that they come through flatter.The stools are always quite big anyway,just flat instead of round.Also a few weeks ago I had 'normal' bms just after I had been ill,which suggests there isnt an obstruction.

Closed Thread