It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
(male)

Efnes HB User
Unhappy Internal hemorrhoids and fissures, solution to one complicates the other?

So I had a sphincterotomy nearly a year ago to fix a med sized 6o'clock fissure. It helped that heal, but after the surgery I continued to use my nitro cream. I eventually stopped as I realized it was causing me pain, it caused what I thought were "little fissures" and things settled down to a manageable pain level. I used otc preph instead and things were manageable. I just recently started using the nitro again and the original problems cropped up again.

What I've realized is the post surgery pain was caused by the nitro cream relaxing my sphincter to the point where the internal hemorrhoids prolapsed out and were rubbed raw. After I started using the preph everything stayed inside and the pain was manageable.

My question is this; are the fixes for internal hemorrhoids going to cause my fissure problem to flare up again/get worse? What would you recommend as the least invasive fix for internal hemorrhoids besides just diet/creams?

Should I keep my appointment for the botox injection targeted at what I feel are tiny cuts most likely caused by the hemorrhoid being rubbed raw?

Old 08-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
(male)

krazijess HB User
Re: Internal hemorrhoids and fissures, solution to one complicates the other?

be careful with rubber band litigation....first try medications like cortisone cream and supository with natural stool softener like eating figs and fiber , fish oils.......if ur Hamo doesn't heal... then u have lotta opetions like rubber banding it ....can be risky but depends on the doctor...u can use laser or other low risk surgeries....but if u do rubber band and u feel pain right after the procedure or in same day or even next day ask to be removed otherwise u end up like me..nerve damage in ur butt...ia, sure cortisone supposiory will take care of it for u....and u can ask for nitro-bid cream to relax ur intersphincter muscles during BM...u can make it urself and save lotta money....i mean nitro glycren cream... agan if u do rubber ban litigation and u feel pain that means the doc suxed and he went too deep with the rubber band gun...the procedure is ver simple and takes less than 2-3 minutes....chose the righ doc.....if u live in DC area N.Virginia do not go to DR Ochy... he will destroy ur life ....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
(male)

johnny75 HB User
Re: Internal hemorrhoids and fissures, solution to one complicates the other?

Hi EFNES,

Not sure if you are still online. Just wondering how everything turned out for you now....My situation seems almost exactly like your (with the fissure surgery followed by what I think is irritated hemoroids) and wondering how you are managing???

Closed Thread