It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
(female)

grouchygoat HB User
Painless bloody bowel movements?

Hi there - I'm sixteen years old, girl, and I've been having some bowel problems lately (what a great introduction, huh? *laughs*).

It happened about.. four days ago, I'd guess. I used the bathroom and when I finished, I noticed that the toilet bowl was full of blood! I assumed it was my period (it's really irregular, and I haven't had a period in about three months), so I inserted a tampon and called it good. When I removed it, it was absolutely clean, so I was a little alarmed.
The only thing notable about the first event is that, after fixing up the feminine issue, I felt very sick and had to lay down. Only my feet and my head felt hot, and my girlfriend said I felt feverish. I took some Motrin. About fifteen minutes later, my feet and head felt freezing, and after about ten minutes of freezing feet, I felt all better. I was even able to eat something.
I went on thinking everything was fine, until the next time I made a bowel movement.. There was blood again, maybe even more than the first time! This is when I noticed it was anal/rectal. I was worried as well as confused, since I've been feeling great lately, so I consulted my girlfriend about it, and she made me promise to tell my mother when I returned home. We didn't have access to a phone, so I couldn't call right away.

I'm home today and I used the bathroom again not more than three hours ago, and there was blood this time, too. However, there was only three or four drops, and it got nowhere near to making all of the water red. So whatever it was, it's.. healing up? I'm not certain as to whether this would be good or bad.

As for my general health, my appetite's been fine, I've had no abdominal issues such as cramps, pain, or bloating, and there's been no difference in my stools that I've taken note of. There was also no pain while I eliminated any three of the times. The blood was bright red, didn't appear mucousy, and there was none that I could see in the stool/s itself.
Mentally, I've been feeling pretty good lately, if not a tad stressed.

I do have a history of stomach and abdominal pains, however, but those have since cleared up since my health has gotten better. When I was 13-14, my overall health was pretty poor and I was quite a bit underweight, but since then my health has improved (well, save for eczema/skin conditions, but I'm sure that's unrelated to my digestive system).

Any idea as to what this is, and how serious it is? What about the apparent "healing up"?

Thanks a lot for your time!

Last edited by grouchygoat; 08-12-2008 at 09:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 07:01 AM   #2
(male)

seeker100 HB User
Re: Painless bloody bowel movements?

Are you sure this is coming from your anus?I had a very similar problem when I was diagnosed with a pilonidal sinus.When i wiped I noticed the blood was coming from above the anus.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:13 AM   #3
(female)

grouchygoat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker100 View Post
Are you sure this is coming from your anus?I had a very similar problem when I was diagnosed with a pilonidal sinus.When i wiped I noticed the blood was coming from above the anus.
What you're saying is quite possible, but I'm almost sure it's anal. When I make it a point to dab to check if there's blood, I get it from there, not seemingly above it.
However, that's not discarding your suggestion at all - just going by what I've seen! I'm pretty clueless about these things, so I'm willing to listen to people who have experienced it.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
(male)

phoenixdragon HB User

hello grouchygoat,
i think you need to see a doctor asap.
blood in your stool is not a good sign.
even if it is not something serious it does not hurt to see a doctor.
i had blood in my stool (with painless bowel movements) last year (and sorry i do not mean to scare you or anything but..) and i almost died.
the thing is i always had a bit of a problem because the nerves around my anus are weak and thin (or something like that..) and they tend to bleed easily so i sometimes get a little bit of blood but do not pay it much attention.. but all of a sudden i had more blood for several days and it turned out to be polyps in my large intestine that started to bleed.. long story short.. i was in surgery for 12 hours, 2 weeks in intensive care and a month total in the hospital.. walked around with a colostomy bag for a while.. they took out 70% of my large intestine.. doing much better now though but i was close to floating around and playing the harp all day..
of course this does not have to be what you have but one thing i have learned is that you need to be careful and see a doctor when something like this happens.. don't ignore it..
good luck and take care!

Closed Thread