It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #31
(female)

sharron1231 HB User
Re: My Recent PPH Surgery Experience

I just had the surgery on Monday the 14th and my obgyn dr. suggested to drink 30cc's of mineral oil the night before and three times a day following the surgery. I have done this and on the second day my bm was greasy but easy. A little spotting afterwards but I definately am going to add mineral oil to my diet. Just greases things up and makes it easier.

Last edited by sharron1231; 12-17-2009 at 10:07 AM.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #32
(male)

Bnhakami HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiepie2008 View Post
My husband had the PPH surgery Oct 24th. I'm feeling pretty worried at this point. the Pain during BM is so bad. He says out of everything he's experienced it is the worse. They said he has a thrombosis and that it would heal up in a couple of weeks. The pain meds aren't helping. They never told us of this pain and I wish that I would have found this message board before he had this done. Believe me I wold have begged hm not to do it. If anyone is thinking of having this surgery think again. The pain is so horrible. He is not eating just so that he won't have a bowl movement. He goes fromt he toilet to soaking in a tub and the doctor pretty much sent us home to deal with it on our own.
Hi there I am passing now through the same complications that happened to your husband. I will be very thankful if you inform me of his current status ( hope he has fully recovered and doing great.
How long was his recovery period
Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #33
(male)

Bnhakami HB User

Hi there I hope u and ur husband are doing great now, I had the pph 4 days back and I am suffering from this black small stool with blood, would u please let me know how did ur husband do afterwards and if u have any tips
Thanks alot in advance

Old 07-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #34
(male)

azcowboy HB User

I had my surgery gosh, I think 3 or 4 years back now. It's been a life-changer. I couldn't travel, camp, hardly play sports or much of anything else without great difficulty or embarrassment. I have my life back now thanks to a great Dr. here in Tucson. Yes, the recovery was a pain in the *** literally but I would do it again in a heartbeat to have my life back. I think it was a couple of weeks before things really got back to normal. Hang in there, it does get better!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to azcowboy For This Useful Post:
Bnhakami (07-29-2011)
Closed Thread