It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2008, 02:33 AM   #1
(female)

box80 HB User
could anyone help with possible diagnosis/advice?

hi i am new here and just need some supprt and advice please.
about 4 months ago i was on holday and had loose stools the constant wiping caused an excruxiating pain when i had a bowel movement i thought i had piles and the foreign doc tor treated me for piles. nothing helped. i then saw a colon expert where i live in holland and he said i had a fissure and gave me two botox injections. up to this point my anus looked normal on my own inspection.
the injections caued some relief straight away from the pain which i was in all day sometimes i couldnt move from bed.
unfortunately the injections caused an abcess which two days after the botox i was in hospital having lanced. i had an op to do this and the resulting wound looked like a big hole just below my anus towards my back.
this healed well although i think the scar tissure still hurts a bit what was left though was a very small hole that i thought was part of the wound and would heal but it didnt.

i also have what i think is a skin tag right next to this small hole but which doesnt actually come ot of my anus.
i seemed to heal some and the pain is nowhere near as bad as it was.
i still feel uncomfortable each day but going to the loo is ok. i have some occasional blood when wiping and sometimes it just happens.
what i would like to know is that it now looks like this hole has closed. the tag is still there since the botox and the op i have some 'flakes' of incontinence each day.
problem is i dont knwo if this is coming from my anus or this small hole.
i thought it could be a fistula but i touched it with a cotton bud and it doesnt hurt but it doesnt seem to be a tunnel.
has anyone else got so far but not totally better? i dont know what to ry next. i have been using GTN cream Isosorbinditate and it doesnt seem to take me to complete recovery.
also anyone else had the incontinence with botox? does it stop?
what i have been offered by the surgeon is the sphincter op and although i know i have good chance of total healing i am worried about the incontinenece but if i have that anyway now should i just have the op.
my life is not totally ruled by this anymore as the killer pain has gone but the ache i have every day gets me down sometimes.
i m taking laxatives each day as i cant seem to get my stools soft on my own.

any advice i would love to hear from you.

thanks for reading this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
(female)

Catecourt HB User
Re: could anyone help with possible diagnosis/advice?

I have not had the same experience as you but i do work in surgery and have assisted with the sphinter related surgery. I do believe that the sphinter surgery will help with the incontinence. Please do ask the doctor, but what the operation does is tighten the sphinter to give you better control when you have a bowel movement. Also, you do not want to take laxatives every day. Please try other methods perhaps natural methods to soften your stools. Orange tea is a natural laxative. Fiber drinks also help. Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Foods that are a natural laxative are things like prunes, raisins, bran. I know that when you are constipated though, eating is the last thing you want to do.
I will ask around also and hope i can find out some more information for you.

Closed Thread