It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 07:11 PM   #1
(female)

monique19 HB User
Please help me - Can't get poo out its too big

I'm so embarrased about this its not funny. I can't get my poo out as its to big no matter how much i push it just wont come out. I keep getting this problem but this time it seems 10 times worse

I look some laxtives last night but it didnt make it any softer. I have microlax which worked last time but not until the morning. I'm so worried it wont come out this time it feels huge. I'm crying as I write this.

Please help me I dont know if this is constipation or what, I also have now got hemmeroids from all this I'm only 19 I didn't know id ever get this in my life. Please help me

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monique19 For This Useful Post:
Curby (11-23-2010), nedralsmith (02-10-2012)
Old 10-06-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User
Re: Please help me - Can't get poo out its too big

Yeah, laxatives might not soften it up when its too far along. Some will create pressure to push it from the inside, but that's my idea of a really bad night.

It might help to use a fleet enema. It might add enough fluid to help lubricate the passage or even to break it up a little. The liquid that comes in the bottle has a stimulant to make your bowel contract to help push it out. I usually save the bottles so that I can just refill them with warm water. Sometimes that's enough.

Your other option if it's really far along - I know this sounds gross - is to break it up manually (with your finger). If you're trying to avoid aggravating hemorroids, it might be helpful.

After this, your best bet is to never let them get so big and hard again. Take a stool softener every day and drink a lot of water. I'm not an expert on Miralax, but I think it works by adding more fluid to your stool as it moves through the bowels. (Someone correct me if I'm confusing it with something else). Benefiber 2-3 times a day (you can mix it with almost anything) should help to create a softer stool too.

Note, if you drink a lot of coffee, soda or alchohol, you should know that they actually have a diuretic or dehydrating effect. So for each cup, you should add an extra glass of water.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
(female)

skbrmom HB User

Is it possible that you are getting too much fiber in your diet? If you eat a high fiber diet, you MUST increase your fluid intake. I feel bad for you. It's not funny at all. Have you tried eating prunes or drinking fruit juices that tend to loosen the bowels?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
(male)

kd66 HB User

Monique - you have some good answers to your question. I hope you can get things moving and enjoy life again. I will only add that this requires a lifestyle change, a continuing commitment to eating right, drinking (water!) a lot and especially sitting down to take care of business regularly. I had a similar problem that started when I was about your age. I think I just ignored the 'call' because I was a busy student and couldn't take the time. I think (trying to remember a long time ago) that I would just wait until I couldn't wait any more. This developed into a habit that, over 20 years time, ended up with a huge prolapse (intestine coming out the anus whenever I went to the bathroom) that bled profusely and almost took my life. I am glad that you are concerned and want to take action now! My best wishes to you!
Ken

Old 10-20-2008, 01:00 AM   #5
(male)

linkin01 HB User

I hope you resolved this by now. I had this happen once, when I had just started a medication that caused dry mouth, and I went to a facility in the desert on a business trip and failed to drink enough water. I tried everything to lubricate or manually break up the poo but eventually just had to push as hard as I could, grit my teeth from the pain , and force it out. It was awful. I immediately started a stool softener medication and drank tons of water to prevent this from happening again.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #6
(male)

rivered HB User

Just a thought, I have a problem with diarrhea and have read that I shouldn't be drinking milk, maybe that would be helpful for you.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #7
(male)

Wakodiwa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique19 View Post
I'm so embarrased about this its not funny. I can't get my poo out as its to big no matter how much i push it just wont come out. I keep getting this problem but this time it seems 10 times worse

I look some laxtives last night but it didnt make it any softer. I have microlax which worked last time but not until the morning. I'm so worried it wont come out this time it feels huge. I'm crying as I write this.

Please help me I dont know if this is constipation or what, I also have now got hemmeroids from all this I'm only 19 I didn't know id ever get this in my life. Please help me
Dude!! You wouldn't know how glad I am that you wrote down this plea on the net. Rather then being embarrassed, you should consider yourself a hero...thing is, just less than 10 minutes ago, I was the one with my butt on the line, this was definitely the worst experience of my life!! The thing wasn't coming out, and I couldn't figure out a way to relieve myself from this "oh so heavy" burden.

Thanks for your answer I understood that most likely it happened to me as well because yesterday I drank a glass of water when I've been consuming coffee like crazy! As said so in this very thread, coffee will make your poop become as evil as it just was to me.

All in all, I managed to push the thing until I lost the sense of up and down and it managed to pass through my incompetent anus. Man, the only reason as to why I registered was to thank you! From the bottom of my heart! God is great! I didn't know what to do and it was hurting like hell!! Not to mention I'm broke just now, so not even the hospital was an option. Funny thing is though...I'm turning 19 soon...I wonder if it almost always happens at this age.

Also I'd like to thank everyone else for the answers and for the maturity as to how this was handled. I was surfing like mad and this was the only site that managed to help me. I'm grateful....

Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #8
(female)

caputo151 HB User

So I am having the same problem. I am 20 years old and I have had this happen a few times, but never this bad it just will not come out at all! It has been really hard before...no pun intended...but it eventually did come out, this time, nothing. I took an enima, a suppository, drank sooo much apple juice, ate alot of fruit, nothing is working. I know how it happened though, I'm almost 6 months pregnant(a big one), I take medicine that causes severe constipation and I take alot of vitamins with iron and stuff that does make you constipated. This sucks! I don't know what to do, how did you eventually get it out?!?!?!? is it simply a glass of water? I'll try, but is that reall it?

Last edited by caputo151; 02-04-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:02 AM   #9
(male)

jbop HB User

ugh i'm on the same boat too...i've had them so big that they have hurt like hell and tore/bled but they came out. this one is not budging...

been 12 hours now with taking stool softeners/laxatives, eating veggies, tried putting warm water up there, tried breaking it up with my finger and then a bic pen....so far nothing is working.

most likely was caused by poor diet on top of taking percocet for a broken rib...

Old 02-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #10
(male)

Wakodiwa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by caputo151 View Post
So I am having the same problem. I am 20 years old and I have had this happen a few times, but never this bad it just will not come out at all! It has been really hard before...no pun intended...but it eventually did come out, this time, nothing. I took an enima, a suppository, drank sooo much apple juice, ate alot of fruit, nothing is working. I know how it happened though, I'm almost 6 months pregnant(a big one), I take medicine that causes severe constipation and I take alot of vitamins with iron and stuff that does make you constipated. This sucks! I don't know what to do, how did you eventually get it out?!?!?!? is it simply a glass of water? I'll try, but is that reall it?
No no no no no...the glass of water was just an example of how I tried to do something about it, the equivalent to you drinking juice. I'm afraid that the only way to get rid of it, at least for me was to force it out. Eventually I managed to, and it was bliss...I felt like I went to heaven and back in 10 seconds. No joke.

I wish you luck though :/

Old 02-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #11
(female)

tonsils suck HB Usertonsils suck HB User

I am mainly posting to restate the earlier suggestions in case someone else needs the info also. There is severe constipation (which can build up) and fecal impaction. Fecal impaction can actually turn deadly if it goes unattended to for too long. Either way though, the problems can result in prolapse. Not only rectal, but bladder, uterus, etc. You can also get hernia of your rectum and bladder amongst other issues.

If things like prune juice etc, do not work. I'd personally quit messing around and just go for gold. Get yourself some Miralax and Fleet enemas (if needed, you can do more than one in a day). There is also manual disimpaction (which others spoke of). Grab a glove and use your finger to break it up. But I have read you can actually cause damage so if it does get to this point and you have insurance, personally I might just opt for the emergency room route. However, I have also heard this way is more painful than doing it yourself.

But if it either issue, the likelyhood it will reoccur is high so I would start figuring out what combo of Miralax, stools softeners, fiber etc works for you. If nothing works, go see a Gastroenterologist. They specialize is issues like this.

This is SO something people avoid talking about. But you aren't alone. There are MANY causes for all this...besides stress and diet, it can also occur to to lack of exercise, narcotic use, etc.

Good luck!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tonsils suck For This Useful Post:
Curby (11-23-2010), flipfleury (04-10-2011), nascardalejr8 (03-24-2012)
Old 05-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #12
(female)

KP412 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by caputo151 View Post
I had the exact same problem when I was pregnant with my son. I was literally trying to relieve myself for five hours. I pushed so hard that I was worried I was going to go into pre term labor. I was the most awful thing of my life. How I got it out was I believe it is called an enima, where you place the nozel into your rectum. It worked like a charm and with in minutes it was out. It was painful though.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #13
(male)

GulfCoastGuy HB User

Epsom Salt, mix it with warm water and drink it (about a tablespoon per glass), it tastes like crap but it works. It turns your poo into liquid without all of the cramping.

To help the taste you can mix a little lemon juice with it.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:46 AM   #14
(male)

jaymus777 HB User

what about milk of magnesia this stuff will make a person run forthe toilet it will fall like awaterfalland you will i repeat you will be cleaned out completely i guarantee it 4 -6 table spoons then drink 6 -8 ounces of water the more water the better wait 1\2 hour to 6 hours and the show will begin it takes about 6 hours to flush system clean after first release drink more water the more water you drink the more it will clean you out then to get it too stop eat bannanas bannanas 2-3 will bind you right back up i have to do this all the time cause i have to take painkillers all the time for severe pain i am constipated all the time and this works every time so try it it will work

Old 05-09-2010, 07:02 AM   #15
(male)

jaymus777 HB User

as i have told other people milk of magnesia 4-6 tablespoons 6-8 ounces of water the more water the better 16 ounces if you can 36 ounces of water is best then wait 1\2 hour to 6 hours but be close to a bathroom and it will fall like a waterfall but you will be stuck on the toilet for a while do not i repeat do not plan on going anywhere for the day the after you releived yourself when it does finnally stop wich will be a little while keep flushing your sytem with water the more water you drink the cleaner you will be !!! every thing you eat or drink is going to go right through you to get this to stop eat bannanas 3-6 bannanas will bind you back up and then you stop going make sure you have bannanas on hand before you take milk of magnesia if you have to leave the house for the day make sure you hve and can eat bannanas i recomend if you use this treatment you stay home for the day this works i use it all the time i have to take painkillers for severe pain all the time i am allways constipated trust me this works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck take care!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread