It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Probiotics for Diarrhea

I've had chronic diarrhea for almost 5 months. I've had multiple blood tests, stool samples and recently a Colonoscopy. So far everything is negative. My GI doc still suspects that antibiotic use might be the cause and he put me on a 10 day course of prescription VSL#3 DS. It is a probiotic that I am to take 2x/day. It has 900 billion bacteria per packet.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who has or knows someone who has used this product.

Any side effects from use of this product? Did it work?

Old 10-18-2008, 03:18 AM   #2
(male)

hemmy HB User
Re: Probiotics for Diarrhea

Hello,

Take a look at this thread,

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=622312&highlight=VSL[/url]

Edit-sorry, couldn't seem to make the link clickable. Just do a search here using the phrase 'VSL#3 DS' and you'll see the the thread.

Last edited by hemmy; 10-18-2008 at 03:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
(female)

Fritz78 HB User
Re: Probiotics for Diarrhea

I also have had chronic diarreha and stomach problems for a year. My doctor just put me on a probiotic called Align for 28 days. I have had stool samples, blood work, upper GI scope, colonoscopy, celiac test and they can find nothing. My GI doctor says it is Irritable Bowel Syndrom. I have lost 10 pds or more and afraid to eat much because it goes right through me fast. I have been on the Align for 6 days. Can not tell much difference. How about you or anyone else out there? Any suggestions??

Closed Thread