It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008, 12:23 AM   #1
(male)

tarik HB User
Anal pain after sphincterotomy and fissurectomy

Hi all,

I had surgery sphincterotomy and fissurectomy 8 month ago.
sphincterotomy is left side.
But I have still pain and burning of anus left side.
I used too much drugs.

Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
(female)

suzyljank HB User
Re: Anal pain after sphincterotomy and fissurectomy

I had that surgery 3 weeks ago. It was very uncomfortable after. I have stitches and they kind of pinch but the doctor told me it would take about 6- 8 weeks to feel good. I feel pretty good most of the time but once in a while it get uncomfortable. I really didn't use the pain medicine they gave me, I just used over the counter iburprofen. It sounds like you should have healed by now. I'd go back to the doctor and see what the problem might be, maybe he can help. Are you in a lot of pain and does it hurt all the time?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2008, 11:37 PM   #3
(male)

tarik HB User

Generally there are pain.
I had examination another doctor (Prof).He said sphincterotomy possibly cut too much.He needed rectoscopy and defacography.

Sorry, I don't enough know english.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #4
(female)

suzyljank HB User

Find yourself another doctor, cutting too deep on the sphincter muscle would cause control problems but I'm not sure about pain. Cutting the muscle is supposed to make it relax and alleviate the pain. Make sure you don't have some kind of infection too, I've heard they can be very painful too. Good luck.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:41 AM   #5
(male)

harrywilliams HB User

if u already have it done like u do, make sure to have some therapy on the place if it damages the muscle nerves. the last thing u want is leakage. this can be bad so just be gentle and careful and make sure u regain the contraction muscles. that is what i told my friend until it was too late for him hopefully you will fare better

Old 11-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #6
(male)

tarik HB User

Thanks for replay.

I had consulted to some doctors.They said criypt infection (Rectal Cripytitis).To have MRI anal canal.No abcess or fistula.Some doctors said,Cripytitis don't have treatment.Some doctors said, needed surgery.
I disbelieved these doctors.
I have still pain at any time or after bowel movement.Like burning,sting ,piercing pain,numbness

I will go to Prof. doctor control for outcome rectoscopy and defacography.

What is Cryptitits? Do you know?

thanks

Last edited by tarik; 11-10-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:26 AM   #7
(female)

suzyljank HB User

It's and infection of one of the anal glands and needs to be treated so as not to cause other problems such as fistulae. Treatment usually includes removing the infected gland.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #8
(male)

harrywilliams HB User

is the burning deeper inside the colon or near the anus part outside? This can be a differnce

Old 11-10-2008, 11:20 PM   #9
(male)

tarik HB User

Hi all,

suzyljank,
Is remove gland with surgery? is it big operation?

harrywilliams,
Burning and pain is deep inside.Dentate line of anus.Rectoscopy result is only internal hemmorhoid, don't have colon disease.

Pain is at left side (sphincterotomy side).Don't have pain at right side
Also,i have stool incontinance as leakage after or befor bowel movement.

I need more information.

Thank you very much.
Regards.

Last edited by tarik; 11-10-2008 at 11:33 PM.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #10
(male)

DRKJR HB User

I've had leakage ever since my sphincterotomy 10 years ago! Most likely too much muscle was cut. I had to have a sphincteroplasty to repair the incision. This procedure helped significantly, but I still have a little leakage. Good luck!

Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #11
(male)

ilgot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKJR View Post
I've had leakage ever since my sphincterotomy 10 years ago! Most likely too much muscle was cut. I had to have a sphincteroplasty to repair the incision. This procedure helped significantly, but I still have a little leakage. Good luck!
DRKJR,

I had a similar experience to yours. I fly a lot. I was in Israel about 8 months ago and on the flight back to CA (20 Hours) I experienced supreme pain (in the ***). Two doctors said I have hemhoroids and I treated for that. Then another doctor looked and referred me to a rectal surgeon who said I had a fissure and prescribed that nitro stuff. After a few weeks she said it wasn't healing and I should have a sphincterotomy. The pain went away but now I leak constantly. Not terrible but I have to use a restroom 5 or 6 times a day to clean up. It really sucks. As I said I fly a lot and now with the economy I have to fly economy class and go frequently to Asia, Europe, Israel. Between the leaking and sitting I get way irritated and by the end of most days I just want to get waya from people and lay down. Quality of life really went downhill and exercise is uncomfortable, etc. How bad was your incontinence and how bad does it have to be to justify the risks of sphincterotoplasty?

I never lose a stool but I'm always wet and uncomfortable and getting rashes. It really pisses me off especially that my doc said there's no risk of this as the risk is 1% but thats the same risk to people who don't have the surgery. The POS... I use cotton periodically but that gets wet and irritating and I have to use the restroom just as much to get the cotton out.

What are the risks and complications of sphincterotplasty?
How much have your symptoms improved after surgery? 80%, 90%?

Are there other effective strategies to consider for a leakage type of problem? I'm 50 and worry about it getting worse over time.

All I can say to people out there is don't get the sphinterotomy. Try the Botox. At leats that's not permanent.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #12
(male)

tarik HB User

Hi All,

Hi DRKJR,
I am from Turkey.I went to new doctor at January 2009 in Ankara (Prof.Dr.Bulent Mentes). He diagnosed Keyhole Deformity after fissurectomy.
He offered flap operation.

I had sphincterotomy+fissurectomy operation one year ago.But i have still soiling and burning or sting. New doctor said burning or sting causes keyhole deformity.

I had read your story before.if my memory serves me right you have keyhole deformity.what are you situation?
Do you know flap reconstruction?

Closed Thread