It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2008, 04:41 AM   #1
(female)

Daimora HB User
Soreness, bleeding, lump

This is my first message on this board so I don't know if my concern falls into this section. I'm very embarrassed to have to write this, but if I don't get this out in the open then I might not figure out what's wrong with me.

For over a week now I've had severe abdominal pains. Whether I'm standing or sitting there's a sharp pain from my diaphragm down to my hips. Most of all, I've had difficulty going to the bathroom. Along with the pain there's been a fullness in my stomach and there have been times when I feel like I need to go, but almost nothing comes out. It feels like something's obstructing my own stool from coming out.

Just three days ago, I discovered a lump near my rectum. I've never noticed a lump there before, but both myself and my mother, a R.N., have dismissed it as hemorrhoids. But I can't help but be a little nervous by it. Lately I've been bleeding a lot when I go. It's nothing new to me because I sometimes find blood in my stool, but now it's every other time I go to the bathroom.

To be honest, it's the lump and the bloody stool that brought me here. Most of my stomach problems have now been adverted because I've been drinking prune juice, but I still feel abdominal pain. Just fifteen minutes ago I went again, but it was mostly blood that came out instead of stool. When I looked into my toilet I could see that the water was red. My stool has also given off a horrible smell, but I can easily blame that on the prune juice.

I hope I'm over-reacting about this because my mother doesn't seem too concerned. I haven't been able to check my stool up to this point because one of my bathrooms doesn't have a light, so I don't know if this amount of blood came out just now or has been continuous. I currently don't have a doctor, but I'm concerned enough to go to a free clinic to see what's going on. I'm only 23 and I don't know much about medicine, but if somebody can alleviate my fears, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
(female)

kersey275 HB User
Re: Soreness, bleeding, lump

Is the blood bright red ? Does it come just from the rectal area? Stool with blood is usually black and tarry in its' consistency.Sounds like more than a small amount of blood.I would take action. Deposit the next bloody stool in a jar. You have abdominal painYou can sit in the E.R. Better yet... call an ambulance, you'll be seen right away. Have someone hand the jar to the paramedic. The bill can be paid off over a long time. This sounds serious. Keep us posted.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
(female)

monique19 HB User
Re: Soreness, bleeding, lump

I really think you should get to the emergency room. Why risk it? Plus it will put your mind at peace if it turns on to be nothing serious but bleeding if its not roids is serious.

Closed Thread