It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
(female)

ILoveOrganic777 HB User
Not Your Everyday Chronic Constipation

Hello. I have been dealing with Chronic Constipation for approximately five months now and have yet to find the cause. It has nothing to do with low fiber or exercise, as I was doing fine with both before this started. Now, nothing I eat ever comes out on its own. If I eat, no matter the amount, my waist bloats out (stomach distention) and I become so unbearably uncomfortable (and soemtimes painful) that there are no words to describe it. I stopped eating just to keep it from happening, as I cannot have bowel movements without laxatives. Seeing doctors is limited because I have no insurance. I have had a colonoscopy that came back normal and blood tests that came back normal. I am currently doing an at home test to see if I am lactose intolerant. My doctor believes this may be stress related and wants to put me on an anti-depressant, but for now she put me on something that treats chronic constipation. I even began a colon cleanse that started off wonderfully, then the symptoms returned after two and a half weeks. Can anyone tell me what may be causing this? Possibly lactose intolerance, gluten intolerance, stress, Irrital Bowel Syndrome, or maybe something else? I know that most constipation problems have to do with the large intestine, but sometimes I feel the blaoting focused on my middle, closer to my small intestine. Could it be connected to my small intesine? Thanks!!!

Closed Thread