It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

surferdude26 HB User
Rectum Odors

Hey all, who suffer with rectum odors:
My name's Ryan. I am 26 yrs old. I just wanted to say that, I know what all of you are going through, because I just recently found out about 2 yrs ago, that I started getting what all you people were getting and I know, how frustrating that is, being the fact, that I am in the very midst of it. I know what it's like, to feel so scared, to even leave your home because of this issue. To not be able to enjoy, going out into doing different activities with friends, relatives, more or less even going on the bus and heading down to the bus station. I have as well, had alot of negative remards said indirectly to me and ya know what, it made me feel very subconscious about the situation, re: the rectum odour. So, I know what it's like, believe me. It seems that everywhere I go, I get comments about it, either around me, or behind my back. I know, how hurtful and painful it is, to have to deal with this. I have been dealing with this for 2 yrs, since I was 24, in 2006. So, this is my question. Obviously, there have been alot of you, who have tried alot of different home remedies, anything from water and vinegar, to antipersperants, to cologne, to whatever. What has worked best for alot of people? Has Rectum surgery, actually gotten rid of the smell at all from the anus? Are there any friends of yours, that are going through the same thing you are? Have they been able to help? Has the medications: Agaricus and Psorinum, actually made a difference in these people's lives, or has it done nothing? Has other rememdies, like: Clorophyll, Actilax, Vitamin K, Alfalfa Pills, Glycolax, or Clorazepate worked really well, for any of you individuals out there at all? I am very open for suggestions, as I am freakin desperate right now, to put an end to this embarassment! If anyone can help, feel free to respond to my questions, as I am looking for an answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Rectum Odors

Odor is basically caused by not digesting the food that you eat very well.

Carbs, fats and proteins of all types (meats, seafoods and dairy products) need the proper digestive enzymes for digestion so that they don't ferment in your 26 feet(almost 800 cm) of intestines cause gas and smell.

Too much sugary, salty and spicy foods& drinks as well as some medication (antibiotics in particular) will cause your digestion to get out of balance and mess up the friendly bacteria in your Gastrointestinal system. It can be helps with good friendly probiotics supplements--- like Primal Defense, PB-8, Culturelle, also yogurt and Kefir.

There are over 400 bacteria strains in your intestines that are in constant warfear --- you want the friendly ones to be dominant and win so your odor will go away.

BTW-Several very good digestive enzymes that I use daily are Omega- Zyme by Garden of Life and Essential Enzymes by Source Natruals.

I wish you well---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 12-10-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:33 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

vh90453 HB User

I also have this very embarrassing problem. I have medically diagnosed IBS. I've tried lots of things, the GI gave me a list of things to try. I've tried all the usual probiotics etc.
If I have an appointment where I'm going to be shut in a room with someone I just don't eat anything. I only drink tea, consequently I try to make all my appointments for early morning. The one thing I do find helps are charcoal tablets, I hate taking them though and only do it when I absolutely have to. Also, what Harry said about your diet is correct. Goodluck, if you find a solution let me know, otherwise you can always blame the dog.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:06 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

surferdude26 HB User

You mentioned something in your letter about charcoal tablets? What do they do? Are they really effective, in neutralizing body odor, from the rectum area? Have these tablets, helped you get your life back? Have you tried any home remedies, like sitting in a bathtub full of water and adding about a cup of white vinegar to it? If you have, have you found that, that had helped at all? Have you ever tried those Clorophyll tablets at all? I too, have been suffering with IBS, for about 5 yrs now and am, trying to make the best of it. Lastly, have you ever been to the hosital, to get checked out at all? Do you know what kinds of tests they run, if you have been there? Oh, before I forget to ask. I have also been experiencing some pain in my lower tailbone area, quite often. Do you have any idea why that is? Also, I have also been noticing that, my butt cheeks have become very sore. Could that be, from let's say, something bad happening to you? Please get back to me on this, to let me know, that you have gotten this message. Thanks.

Last edited by surferdude26; 12-11-2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Needed to add in some new questions.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:16 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

vh90453 HB User

Yes I find the charcoal tablets quite effective. No I haven't tried the things you mentioned. I'm sure sitting in a bath wouldn't help as the flatulance is coming from inside your intestines. I assume you are talking about wind? Mine obviously isn't as bad as yours because it doesn't control my life, and is very common in people who have IBS. I had a colonoscopy and lots of blood tests to diagnose my IBS. About your tail and buttock pain, I have no idea what could be causing that. Have you been sitting a lot? If you have that could be the cause. Good luck.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:30 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

surferdude26 HB User

Just wanting to know, but, have you ever tried this product called: Odor Cleanse? I just did some researching on the Net and it said, that it's suppose to eliminate body odors, due to flatulence, IBS and such. Have you ever tried this product? It's by a company, called Yerba Prima or something like that. Please get back to me and let me know. Thanks.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

This product is made from a mushroom. I have not tried it or charcoal tablets. They may be worth trying.

But, It seems to me that they just mask a basic problem with your digesting and intestinal track.

Last edited by Harry; 12-13-2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: typos

Old 12-12-2008, 11:15 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

vh90453 HB User

No, sorry I haven't tried it.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

surferdude26 HB User
Anyone tried this supplement, called the Miracle Mineral Supplement?

Hi all,
It's Ryan Annunziello here. Just had a question, I was hoping somebody could answer. Um, has anyone tried, this supplement, called: The Miracle Mineral Supplement (MMS)? It's suppose to, be some kind of a, cloride oxygen, that's suppose to clean and clear out your body, of anything, like: bad bacteria, infections, fungus's, Aids, Hepatitus A, B and C, stop Malaria, etc. Anyone tried this remedy, to stop their rectum odor problems? Has it helped people with this, who have had, the guts to try this solution? Has anyone ever, even heard of this product? Please get back to me on this, to let me know. Also, if any of you have come across anything worthwhile, to combat these rectum odor issues, let me know, because I've so far, tried everything, from: charcoal capsules, to talcum powders, to antibacterial soaps, to whatever. You name it, I've tried it. Any help, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Take care.

Closed Thread