It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2008, 04:56 AM   #1
(male)

pinchharmonic HB User
I think I have spastic pelvic floor syndrome

Hi everyone, new here.

I'm a 26 year old male that has been struggling with constipation for about 5 years.

Here are my characteristics

1.) I have one bowel movement a day, if not more.
2.) My stool is always soft, and the initial movement has the classic characteristic of a perfect stool (banana like, proper color)
3.) However, after the first movement, I'm always stuck. I feel as though I am fighting a wall.
4.) If I am able to get anything out after the initial movement naturally, it comes out stringy and small.
5.) I have resorted to glycerin suppositories, and I'm embarrassed to say I sometimes use 6 everyday. I require two to get the next movement after the initial one.
6.) Subsequent movements become much thinner, and more "wet", "soft", and "smelly".
7.) The final movement, usually the 3rd glycerin suppository induced movement just looks like puffs of stool, that float and are definitely not well formed.

Why I think I have spastic pelvic floor syndrome:

1.) I've tried every laxative imaginable, and I've noticed that my sphincter only lets stool pass for a certain very short period of time. If I've used heavy laxatives like a colon cleanser, senna, milk of magnesia, I'll feel my sphincter spastically opening and closing until it finally closes. Once it closes, it's game over, only suppositories will get it to open up again.. although for a short window.

How I think I got it:

about 5 years ago I had really bad hemmroids. One day I looked into the toilet and it was full of blood. My sphincter "closed" as I freaked out. I was unwilling to finish the bowel movement.

I continued doing that for about 2 months! Going on the can, and only letting a tiny bit of stool out and then forcefully shutting it and wiping then going about my day. After 2 months I noticed there was no more blood and I wanted to empty fully.... never again. My sphincter continued to close as it used to, as I believe I trained it to close.

Psychologically I was a wreck too. I started to be afraid of what I might see in the toilet bowl, so until now (4-5 years later), i haven't looked at what came out. I only started a few weeks ago (all looks normal except how it gets progressively thinner, smellier, and wetter)

My doctor put me on miralax this week, and obviously it didn't help. I knew that before, but some part of me really crossed my fingers. He wants me to do a colonoscopy if it doesn't work, so i'm prepared to do one probalby in a few weeks.

I don't think a colonoscopy can tell if I have a spastic colon, but at least I can check for other stuff that is at best unusual for a 26 year old.

If anyone has any information that may help me with this problem I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-13-2008 at 06:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
(female)

sonotmartha HB User
Re: I think I have spastic pelvic floor syndrome

did you ever get a diagnosis? I have pelvic floor and yours seems similar, but different

Closed Thread