It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
(male)

kraven HB User
I can't push my bowel movements out what do I do?

I can't push my bowel movements out what do I do? It's really hard and feels pointy and personally I cant stand the pain when it stretches my anus?Help Please...

Old 12-17-2008, 04:31 AM   #2
(female)

suzyljank HB User
Re: I can't push my bowel movements out what do I do?

Hi, to start I'd take milk of magnesia, it's very gentle and should get your bowels moving. I take miralax every night before I go to bed to keep things moving for me. I just had surgery for an anal fissure which I got because I had to strain too much and I had severe spasms in my sphincter muscle. It's a must eating 25-35 grams of fiber a day helps too but remember to increase the amount of liquid you drink too. Don't wind up in the mess I was in. I was told 2 years ago to make my bms softer and to stop straining and I didn't listen. If I had to do it over again I would definitely have started on the miralax. Good luck Suzy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

I agree about the fiber . . . but increase fiber SLOWLY. Personally, I think it is better to get fiber from foods, but supplements are better than nothing. Eating yogurt regularly also can help keep one . . . well . . . regular.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:05 AM   #4
(female)

deljo HB User

Every now and then I have a constipation problem. I do take metamucil each day so that helps with the fiber. When I'm really having trouble I find it helps to use a suppository. It lubricates the rectum and helps the stool pass easier. There are many brands, try a generic. I know it doesn't sound like a pleasant thing to do but it beats the pain. Also after a bm use one. It helps. I agree with the fiber solution. But sometimes our system just goes awry.

Closed Thread