It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

GoBucks HB User
Question Does this happen w/anal fissure?

I have a dr.'s appt. next week, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this:

Off and on for about 2 or 3 months, I have had some bright red blood when I go #2. It usually starts out as a drop or two but can get get to be more after a while. Strangely though, it looks like it forms a line down the side of the stool and maybe a drop or two besides that. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE? This is accompanied by sharp pain (feels like something's ripping) and then some pain/itching for about an hour afterwards. It went away for a few weeks when my mother suggested Prep H and stool softener and came back after I had stopped using them religiously.

I am pretty sure it is a fissure, but I can't help but worry it could be cancer. I know it would be unusual since I don't really have any other major symptoms and am only 22. Hopefully the doc can give me some answers next week...

Old 12-17-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
(female)

suzyljank HB User
Re: Does this happen w/anal fissure?

It sounds like a fissure but to be sure see your doctor. Even if it is a fissure the sooner you take the steps to heal it the better, the longer a fissure stays active the better the chance it becomes chronic and when that happens they are really hard to heal. More fiber in your diets, more liquid and stool softeners to keep your bms soft and strain free. Sitz baths help a lot too. I had a very large deep fissure for over a year and finally had to have surgery. Hope you can get it healed quickly, good luck Suzy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2008, 04:59 AM   #3
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
Re: Does this happen w/anal fissure?

Hello, can you feel a lump on the edge of your anus? If you can it's probably a skin tag that develops in line with an anal fissure. You may of course have a fissure that has not become chronic yet and the tag may not have formed yet but it sounds like one to me. You have done the right things in the past so you know what to do. Don't let it become chronic if you can avoid it because they are an absolute pain (no pun intended) to get rid of as I am in the process of trying to get rid of one myself and it takes a lot of self discipline to keep your diet right and to take your stool softeners. Good luck, kennyboy.

Closed Thread