It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
(female)

book heart HB User
laxitive abuse

I have a friend who is suffering from laxitive abuse (herbs), and she has had this diorder for 16-17 years. She is in denial that it is a eating disorder. She claims she is cleansing her bowels. I cannot get her to open up and talk, she only acts angry when I bring up the subject.

How does intervension work? What if nothing else works, can her family force her to get help, commitment for her own health and welfare?

A concerned friend

Old 01-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
(female)

emmyxo HB User
Re: laxitive abuse

I went through a similar situation when I used laxatives almost after every time I overate. It was beginning to become a huge problem because when taking laxitives frequently, it messes up your entire bowel movements. It'll make you constipated and you can go days and even weeks without a regular bowel movement which is extremely unhealthy.

If possible, I'd try your hardest to get through to her. I'd hold off on telling her parents or any other family members because it may make her feel worse and may make her feel that she can't trust in you anymore, as sad as it sounds. It's very serious but if you absolutely cannot get through to her, I'd bring it up to a parent and tell them your concern in hopes that they can talk to her and get her to see a doctor. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread