It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
(female)

GreenGal77 HB User
Think I may be having serious complication with Fleet Phosphosode

So far I can't get in touch with my doctor, and I'm really worried. I'm supposed to have a colonoscopy tomorrow morning, and I drank all of the phosphosoda at 6:00PM and I'm not going...I went once but haven't been able to go since.

I've done this once before and I remember I was running for the bathroom within a 1/2 hour so this makes me nervous. Plus I'm barely peeing and I have had well over the amount of fluid they recommend. Do I have anything to worry about? It's approaching two hours now.

I have had almost 2L of water since the Fleet and about 2 1/2 L of water before. (alternating water and poweraid)

Any help would be suggested...do I need to go to a hospital?

Old 01-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
(female)

Maza HB User
Re: Think I may be having serious complication with Fleet Phosphosode

Hi,
Did you drink the fleet all at once by itself or mixed in with a clear liquid like water.
Because I don't think you are supposed to drink the Fleet Phosphosode by itself.
The fleet needs to be mixed with water when drunk and done twice throught the day eg. 1.5 ounces of fleet with 8ounces of water then 6 hours later the same.
The important thing is Drinking water or clear liquid through the day so as not to dehydrate.
If you can speak to someone in the medical profession, I would recommend it.
let us know how you get on

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
(female)

GreenGal77 HB User

I drank it all at once My instructions were bad...it didn't say anything about mixing, just said to drink the bottle. Since I know it tastes horrible I figured just get it over with, though I've been trying to drink tons of liquid ever since. Maybe it'll start to work more once I've drank more? I hope I haven't screwed it up...it's very uncomfortable but nothing is happening.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
(female)

Maza HB User

Hi,
It also said it can take half an hour to 6 hours for bowel movements to happen after taking fleet.
So hopefully things will start moving for you soon.
As long as your drinking lots of fluid just now.
Good luck with your colonoscopy tomorrow.

Closed Thread