It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

martaa HB User
Could it be hemorrhoids?

OK --in Dec/ 2007 I started having blood in my stools.

It started with just it showing up in the toilet paper and then it progressed to the whole entire bowl filled with blood.
My bf told me it could be hemorrhoids and to just not try and strain. So, I did and it went away.

Then starting in Nov/2008 started having problems again. I would have this feeling that I desperately needed to go to the bathroom, but when i went, nothing. basically,tenesmus. I would probably visit my bathroom 8 times a day but only use it once. I decided to go to the ER, after severe stomach cramps
I was put on polyethylene glycol for a month, but it didn't really help, it just caused more of a thinner stool.

I've read that sometimes hemorrhoids can give you an 'unempty rectal feeling'.

Has anyone experienced something like this?

Last edited by moderator4; 01-16-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Could it be hemorrhoids?

It could be hemorrhoids but anytime you have rectal bleeding it should be checked out by a Doctor to make sure it is not serious??

Going to an ER will not solve the problem because they just want to save your life at that moment-- and not correct the problem unless it is life threathening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2009, 03:42 AM   #3
(female)

trustintheLord HB User
Re: Could it be hemorrhoids?

yes except without the stomach cramps. I have actually been dealing with occasional bowel blood for about 6 years. I went for a sigmoidoscopy a couple of years ago and they found an internal hemorrhoid amongst an otherwise normal-looking intestinal tract. So they determined this was the reason for the bleeding. The fill-the-toilet-with-blood experience is pretty infrequent but it did happen recently and was actually a frightening one as there were some freakish clumps in the flow. I see it akin to a nose bleed that happens when you are say, cleaning your nose with a scratchy tissue and even just a little abrasion causes a good flow of blood.
I won't tell you not to be concerned but rather, do have this checked out as there are many causes for bowel bleeding.
And please keep us posted on what you find out. Take care!

Closed Thread