It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
(female)

SHELLY2011 HB User
Question HELP: Does A Burning Itch Mean I Have Hemorrhoids?

I have noticed lately that when I use the washroom, and the poop is either hard or soft, that I get that itchy, irritated feeling after wiping a few times. If the skin in that area feels soft, I can wipe three or four times and there won't be any streaks or spots of blood on the tissue. But if the skin in that area feels dry or irritated, there will be a spot or streak of blood on the tissue. The more I wipe, the more spots and streaks there will be. It varies from bowel movement to bowel movement. So far there is no blood on the stools.

I also have a problem with constipation.

I am not what you would call in pain, but that burning itchy feeling is irritating and annoying.

I do have a lot of weight to lose, and I am not the best when it comes to eating lots of fiber, drinking water or exercise. I wonder if that is the cause of what is going on with me?

Has anyone felt this way, and if you have, what kind of advice could you give me to help make the burning itch go away?

Thanks,

KellyAnn

Last edited by SHELLY2011; 01-21-2009 at 08:05 AM.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
(female)

Maza HB User
Re: HELP: Does A Burning Itch Mean I Have Hemorrhoids?

Hi Kelly Ann,
You would know if you have external hemorroids, as they feel like little bulges/tags outside your anus.
If you don't feel bulges, I can only think that you have slighlty irritated the area around the anus causing it to bleed slightly. Soak in a bath and that should relieve it.
If you feel bulges, you can buy cream for hemorroids and that should relieve the itch.
Also try not to strain or sit too long on the toilet that can cause hemorroids
You need to get your stools softer to let your anus area get better and clean with warm water instead of toilet roll until it heals.
Obviously the biggest prevention of hemorroids/constipation is diet.
Drinking plenty water and eating plenty fruit/fibre.
Hope this info. helps in anyway

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread