It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2010, 05:12 AM   #91
(female)

jlb1191 HB User
Re: pain after hemorrhoid banding

I would wear loose and comfortable pants. Try soaking in the tub in place of the shower-it does wonders. Do it before you leave and when you get home. During the workday try not to sit or stand for a long period--change position. Although you have pressure, it is better than not being able to go. Try to eat high fiber to keep things loose!! Good luck and hang in there!!!

Last edited by hb-mod; 01-22-2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Removed Quote of immediately preceding post. Please use "Quick" Reply rather than "Quote" Reply. Thanks!

Old 01-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #92
(male)

john8642 HB User

I was booked in by my doctor to see a consultant for a bleeding bottom, whom I saw 1.5 days ago, I assumed for an initial chat. He didn't speak much English. I lay on my side so he could examine me, he did a quick probe with finger, then said he was going to put a telescope or something up. Then he said he was done (less than 1 minute total) and told me to get dressed. He then told me he had fitted a hemarroid band, didn't tell me or ask or anything in advance! I didn't even know I had a hem before I went in as doc couldn't find any, though knew it was quite likely. It has felt aching since, but tonight (2:40am) cannot sleep cos of tummy ache. I rubbed anus to try and stimulate poo for about 20 mins and a fair bit of wind came out but no bm. I then ate some muesli and took 2 nuerofen (ibuprofen). It has subsided a bit now.

My muscles all feel really taught around scrotum as though they've been pulled hard and bum has dull ache. My pain pain though is a tummy ache more so than at the site of the band, enough to reawaken me after I eventually fell asleep. Is this normal?

Last edited by john8642; 01-22-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2010, 04:12 AM   #93
(female)

jlb1191 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by john8642 View Post
I was booked in by my doctor to see a consultant for a bleeding bottom, whom I saw 1.5 days ago, I assumed for an initial chat. He didn't speak much English. I lay on my side so he could examine me, he did a quick probe with finger, then said he was going to put a telescope or something up. Then he said he was done (less than 1 minute total) and told me to get dressed. He then told me he had fitted a hemarroid band, didn't tell me or ask or anything in advance! I didn't even know I had a hem before I went in as doc couldn't find any, though knew it was quite likely. It has felt aching since, but tonight (2:40am) cannot sleep cos of tummy ache. I rubbed anus to try and stimulate poo for about 20 mins and a fair bit of wind came out but no bm. I then ate some muesli and took 2 nuerofen (ibuprofen). It has subsided a bit now.

My muscles all feel really taught around scrotum as though they've been pulled hard and bum has dull ache. My pain pain though is a tummy ache more so than at the site of the band, enough to reawaken me after I eventually fell asleep. Is this normal?
Hello, not only does it sound normal, but if you read back sounds like my visit. No warning, however I had much more pain!! It's good if you only have an ache. Keeps up the motrin and soak as much as you can, helps the healing. The tightness will go away once it falls off. Up your fiber so that when you do have a bm, it will be soft on it's way out. Last thing you want right now is a hard stool!!! Good luck and hang in there, it takes time to heal

Old 02-17-2010, 01:03 PM   #94
(female)

EIPC HB User
Re: Hemorrhoid Banding - Pain and No Pain

I have been researching the Ultroid procedure, and it looks like a good option. Question- it seems to be able to treat pretty bad cases of hemorrhoids. So why did you opt for the banding?

Closed Thread