It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
(female)

pooches HB User
bowel problem blood tests etc

hello, i'm in the uk just found this website , hope to find some advice.
just beforevchristmas i went to hospital for a consultation ( need hip replacement). the following day i got severe abdominal cramps and i was a bit alarmed to see blood in the bowl, but as our hospitals were experiecing an outbreak of the winter vomiting virus i thought it may have been that, especially as i became ill 24 hr after being at the hospital.
I went to see my doctor today and he said he didn't think it was a virus .
I have got to have blood tests and go back for the results.
this has me a bit worried. i hope it won't be anything sinister.
the bleeding lasted about 3 days and it just went away no pain or problems since.
can anyone tell me what the blood tests are for & can offer any comment or advice. having a bad day!

Old 01-30-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
Re: bowel problem blood tests etc

Hello duck. I think you have jumped to the conclusion that the consultation has in some way brought on the bowel disorder when there is no evidence that there is a connection between the two. You could be suffering from hemorrhoids or a tear. You don't mention any pain so I would guess the problem is hemorrhoids which come and go with blood intermittently showing.

The blood test your doctor has ordered is to check for any signs of cancer I would imagine, but don't be alarmed it's just a standard procedure in the UK. I've had plenty done myself without any bad results and your doctor is probably just covering himself against all outcomes. Cheer up. I do sympathise with you over your hip problem though. It can be very painful when you catch it wrong. Mine has cleared up on its own but could return at any time. Take care. Cheers, kennyboy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread