It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #1
(female)

Microsludge HB User
Polyps in Small Intestine?

Hello,

I just had a SmartPill exam of my small intestine yesterday for chronic diarrhea. The doctor said I had a nice intestine, but then also mentioned that he saw an area of interest, perhaps a fold, perhaps a polyp that he could not ignore & while he did not think it was causing my syptoms, I might need a CT enterography at some point in the future. This scares me! One more thing to worry about...

I am a 39 year old female who was othrewise healthy until November of last year. I do have a hystery of uterine polyps & while being worked up for my digestive issues 2 stomach polyps were located & biopsied. They were benign. Now this thing in my small intestine. Does anyone else know that they have polyps in their small intestine?

I have never had a colonoscopy, so maybe they're there, too.

Margaret

Old 02-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
(male)

chevmal283 HB User
Re: Polyps in Small Intestine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsludge View Post
Hello,

I just had a SmartPill exam of my small intestine yesterday for chronic diarrhea. The doctor said I had a nice intestine, but then also mentioned that he saw an area of interest, perhaps a fold, perhaps a polyp that he could not ignore & while he did not think it was causing my syptoms, I might need a CT enterography at some point in the future. This scares me! One more thing to worry about...

I am a 39 year old female who was othrewise healthy until November of last year. I do have a hystery of uterine polyps & while being worked up for my digestive issues 2 stomach polyps were located & biopsied. They were benign. Now this thing in my small intestine. Does anyone else know that they have polyps in their small intestine?

I have never had a colonoscopy, so maybe they're there, too.

Margaret

I have had terrible bowel issues for two years now with no answer to why. Well, I suspect it has to do with three back surgeries and two neck surgeries and 11 years on meds.

In early '07 I ended up in ER because of the pain from bowels. Blood test revealed Pancreatitis. A colonoscopy order. It is really no big deal, but I say the same thing about a spinal tap--had one recently without being sedated. When ya live with terrible back and neck pain, pain from procedures as mentioned are no big deal to me. A polyp was found in colon. Doc said not to worry probably benign. It was removed and tested. It was cancer. Six months later back for another colonoscopy and another polyp found near the site of the first one. Fortunately it was benign. I would encourage ya to have a colonoscopy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread