It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
(female)

bixa525 HB User
Treatment For Fissure?

Okay has anyone found a product out there that has helped heal a fissure? I have had one for the last week or so and it's not chronic but I want to nip it in the bud before it gets full blown. I had surgery for hemmorhoids and fissures 20 years ago and let me just say the experience was not a pleasant one. In searching the internet I came across a ton of products. There are creams,herbal oils, all natural products, diets and so on. I opted to try this cream I came across called Neo Healer. It was shipped today and should arrive in a few days so hopefully it will take care of this problem before it turns chronic. Anybody ever try this cream or find anything else that works? I upped my fiber and water also and do sitz baths daily so I am praying this doesn't get any worse. Any comments or suggestions are much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2009, 04:16 AM   #2
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
Re: Treatment For Fissure?

Hello, read my post on the use of oil which I find better than these over-the-counter stool softeners. I am experimenting with coconut oil at the moment as it's less fattening than olive oil. Cheers, kennyboy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
(female)

Maza HB User

Hi,
I used Neo Healer for hemorroids.
My only issue with the cream was it had a strong peppermint smell so I felt like I could smell it on me all the time.
After applying make sure you clean up any excess cream as it turns oily with the heat of your skin and can leak slightly.
Good Luck,

Old 02-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
(female)

bixa525 HB User

Thanks Kennyboy, I will check out your post. Maza thank you for the tip. Did the cream help you? It had great reviews but one never knows.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
(female)

suzyljank HB User

The most important thing you can do is keep your stools soft and strain free. I use miralax and benefiber and eat more fiber a day. I had surgery for my fissure last Oct. The only ointments that will really help are nitro, nifedipine ointment or diltiazem cream but these don't work for everyone. If you are getting spasms of the sphincter muscle you need to see a doctor. If the sphincter stays in spasms for a long time the fissure will never heal on it's own. No blood flow will be able to get to the fissure to heal it. I struggled with my fissure for over a year and finally went to the doctor when I couldn't take the pain anymore. I exhausted all other options and finally had surgery. I wish I would have gone to the doctor sooner. This is a very common problem and most people are embarrassed to discuss it with there doctors but if you can't heal a fissure within 6-8 weeks it usually becomes chronic so get help for it now. Good luck Suzy.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
(female)

bixa525 HB User

Well I went to the Dr. today and was prescribed the nifedipine ointment. It has to be made though by a compounding pharmacy so I can't pick it up until tomorrow. I am using the citrucel fiber supplements and also using a stool softener but I read you shouldn't use these stool softeners for a long time. Any other alternatives to the stool softener sodium docusate? Also has anyone actually cured themselves of this awful infliction without going the surgery route? I am hoping the nifedipine will work. The doc said my fissure is small.

Closed Thread