It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
(female)

beachalone HB User
Swollen Anus- hemorrhoids? rectal prolapse?

Hello,I am glad I found this forum. I have been reading all posts from past 1 hour but havnt found a solution to my problem. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me....anything...please let me know whatever you know about this.

I had painful bowel movements a month ago that I cured with fiber and water. Then I started noticing blood in the stools. Now there is no blood but my anus is swollen and it seems as if it has lips (for the lack of a better term). When I look in the mirror and strain, it is almost as if the lips are moving.
What are these? I have looked at hundreds of pictures on the internet but they are nothing like those. The lips are pink and fleshy. They don't seem to be coming from inside the anus, but as if the rim of the anus has been swollen.

Are these hemorroids or rectal prolapse?

Also I have an appointment with a doc, I am very embarrased. What should I expect in my first appointment? It took me a month just to get the courage to call.

And to add, the lips are not painfil, only tender to touch. I am 30 years old.

Please help out guys....I hope I wont need surgery. I have always had normal BM. why is this happening to me?????

Old 02-08-2009, 05:22 AM   #2
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
Re: Swollen Anus- hemorrhoids? rectal prolapse?

Hi, after an attack of hemorrhoids things can get very tender and swollen. It's the way your body is behaving to try and cure itself. You should be able to see a female doctor to reduce the embarrassment you feel, but I would wait for a bit to see if the swelling reduces on its own. Get your diet right and keep drinking lots of water to keep your stools soft (add oil too) so that you keep the area free from aggravation. Unless you have stressed the area somehow I doubt it is a prolapse, not at your age. Good luck, let us know how you get on. Cheers, kennyboy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2009, 06:12 AM   #3
(female)

beachalone HB User

Thank you for your reply. The internet can be such a bane too. I keep reading stuff and getting anxious. Well, the things I have are very close to skin tags from Crohn's disease. Now I am so worried I might have it because I am also getting narrow stools from the past 1 month. Can one form skin tags in a month?

Old 02-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
(male)

From my understanding you don't get skin tags from Crohn's disease. Skin tags are common with an anal fissure, but usually only one and that is normally in line with the fissure again usually at the front facing tummy. Skin tags at the rear of the anus are most found in women who have torn the part between vagina and anus with a difficult baby delivery.

Don't worry unduly and give your body time to heal after the hemorrhoid problem you have just experienced. The narrow stools could be because your sphincter muscle is in spasm and is not opening fully to evacuate. Again, keep your diet right and your stools soft and your sphincter muscle should relax and go back to normal in time. Keep the area as clean as you can, be patient and don't worry, stress won't help you relax and heal.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
(female)

beachalone HB User

Kennyboy, thank you for reassuring replies.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:47 AM   #6
(male)

Oh dear...I get a bit dyslexic with rsoles and fannies after a few beers.
Sorry, read the other way around.
But I think you get the drift, tags don't usually develop east or west, usually north or south. North is more common.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
(male)

MrAwesomeGuy HB User

Hey, I have the same problem as beachalone, although I never had a bloody stool and the swollen "lips" appeared literally overnight.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
(male)

MrAwesomeGuy HB User

Hey beachalone, I have the same problem although I've never had bloody stools and my swollen lips appeared overnight. Honestly this is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me. I haven't told anyone yet.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #9
(female)

roxyhopes HB User

No, anal skin tags can come from Crohns disease. I have them and that is what they are from. I also read online that they could be from hemmorhoids but the Crohns makes them form into skin tags.

Closed Thread