It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
(female)

hersheys1228 HB User
Red face Please help Im 21

Hi I'm 21 and well ever since i was small i had issues with constipation and well my mom treated it with a high fiber diet and i am pretty healthy. But recently I have had constipation issues on and off. I know that a lot of it is my fault because i did not drink plenty water. But I was constipated on and off but last week i went to the bathroom and got rid of waste and I felt something btwn my buttocks, i went to exercise and did not pay mind to it, when i went to the bathroom i was bleeding from my anus, it was not painful but the blood was bright red, OOf course i was really scared and well my mother gave me treatment and it went away. I was really scared because it never had happened but my mother said it could be hemmaroids bc she had the same problem. Since them I am on a high fiber diet and well i been going to the bathroom reguraly and my stool is soft. I have not felt pain and well my stool was never with bllod but what should i do so this wont happen again. My grandma has had similar problems and well i think it's geetic, but wat could it be. And well now that i am on a fiber diet i feel better but still sometimes when i use the bathroom i feel like my rectum or something comes out of my anus and then goes back in. so please any advice. I am nervous of going to a doctor well because i find it to be embarrassing and well i have never have been examined their or any genital area, which i am a virgin. PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE.
THANKS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
(male)

GodHand HB User
Re: Please help Im 21

It's 95% likely to be hemorrhoids, but I would go see a doctor for 100% verification. Bright red blood is a lower GI tract bleed, that's fast, and undoubtedly coming from a hemorrhoid.

Call a doctor and see what he things. He may be able to 'feel' it/them during a digital rectal exam.

Are they external or internal? Can you see a hemorrhoid by your anus?

Old 02-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
(female)

hersheys1228 HB User

i can feel it sometimes when it sticjs out, it doesn't hurt and its only when i push hard, which i have no need to because well i have been going to the bathroom regularly but it still concerns me since i dont want the blood episode to ever happen again.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
(male)

GodHand HB User

Well then you need to soften your stool so you do not strain again. Blood is scary, but when you know the source, the concern usually dissipates, and the blood lessens, too.

Closed Thread