It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
(female)

hersheys1228 HB User
Question Please help, question about hemorrhoids

ok well i am on a high fiber diet and my stool is soft and causes no problem. but almost everytime i release my waste something pops out of my anus , it dosen't hurt or anything but it bothers me because well my mom said it might be hemaroids. I have had constipation problems but with a good diet it goes away but what should i do about this? what could it be, im 21 and healthy but it bothers me because i don't want this to lead to more serious problems later on. when i comes out i try to get it back in and it does but it happens when i take time to release stool. any feedback would be very helpful

Old 02-12-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Please help, question about hemorrhoids

Hemorrhoids do not just go away. They are like a varicose vein-- A vein that has lost it's elasticity.

I think you should see a doctor and have it dignosed and if it is a hemorrhoid have it removed.

Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

You have a hemorrhoid and the only way you can get rid of it is to go to the doctor to have it cut off. Or sometimes they just tie it off. Each doctor does it different. Many women and men have hemorrhoids(at any age). You may never have a problem with that one you have or it can become painful and swollen with blood every now and then. I suspect if you have one you will probably get more or perhaps you do but they are hiding inside. Good luck.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:07 AM   #4
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User

I would be interested to read where you get the information that oily food is not a good idea? It's the first I've heard of it and in my personal experience the opposite is true. There are healthy diets based on consuming something like six desert spoons of coconut oil per day with your food and the people who consume a lot of oil where coconuts grow have good health as a rule.

If you are into a healthy lifestyle and believe in natural remedies then it wouldn't be amiss for you to do some research on the Mediterranean diet which is heavy on olive oil and they don't suffer the same intestinal problems that we do in the UK and America either. Needs some explaining away.

Last edited by kennyboy; 02-13-2009 at 04:09 AM.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #5
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User

I sought clarification of your statement that was all.

you misinterpreted me. may be i have not clearly written. First of all what i meant to say oily first food that has little unsaturated fatty acid. oily food without sufficient dietary fiber leads to inefficient bowel movement.

Yes I agree with that, fiber is essential to avoid constipation but it doesn't in itself cure hemorrhoids, it is just an agent for developing soft stools.

Please read what is the composition of olive oil. As per my knowledge its main component is unsaturated fatty acid. It is essential food component. Even people with gastritis are advised to take teaspoonful of olive oil before meal.

The composition of olive oil is mainly a mono-unsaturated fatty acid (omega9) with some smaller percentage of omega 3 and omega 6. If you take a large amount of olive oil like the Greeks do then it is advisable to take an omega 3 supplement like cod liver oil or flax seed oil. I can't go into the reasons why here it would take too long, but the aim is to try and achieve a rough balance between omega 6 and omega 3.

I am from India so i think i at least know what is spicy and oily food. If you have access to some data ( i can't provide) please check that Keralian's(south india) who use coconut oils suffers maximum from hemorrhoids.Please see the composition of coconut oil.

I think anybody who has suffered from hemorrhoids and has eaten spicy food knows that it isn't a good idea (!) never mind which part of the world you come from.

There is a misconception with the use of coconut oil. Because it is a saturated fat it has been given a bad press driven by margarine manufacturers to increase the sales of margarine (at the expense of other fats that are better for you) and their propaganda basically made everybody believe that saturated fats from animals and butter and dairy products were bad for you when all the evidence points to the opposite.

I am not familiar with the situation with the Keralian's but if the evidence from the Pacific and South Sea Islands is anything to go by then perhaps their general health started to decline with the introduction of processed polyunsaturated fats in their diet exported to them from the West? Pacific Islanders suffered no diabetes and heart problems when they were on a solely coconut based diet and only suffered when processed fats were introduced to them.

what I did not mention that probably hemorrhoid has genetic predisposition. Other thing to mention that modern society to day facing this problem more and more, I think this problem should need some research.

I think you may have a point about having a genetic disposition for hemorrhoids and I'm of the opinion that diet is a key factor too, but not oil. More research would be welcome I agree.

Don't sneer to alternative medicine. Homeopathy medicine and theory are still going strong after more 250 yrs, even modern medicine today have started uttering psycho-somatic disorder that homeopaths believe for years. [/I]

You must have misunderstood. I have a great respect for alternative medicine and will always prefer a natural remedy over taking chemicals and other potions. Which is why I promote olive oil for softening oneís stools to avoid aggravating your hemorrhoids rather than over-the-counter medicines and laxatives that you donít know half of what the printed contents mean. At least with natural cold pressed oils you know exactly what you are consuming and you can alter the consumption rates to suit your individual needs rather than the Ďone-size-fits-allí you get with over the counter remedies. Cheers, kennyboy

Closed Thread