It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
(male)

fiddlerget HB User
is hydrocortisone supposed to make hemorrhoids burn?

I recently had to pass a large, hard stool and it hurt like crazy. at first I thought I tore my rectum a little and it would heal in a day or two, but it's been a little over two weeks that it's been hurting. there was a little blood when I wiped the day after, but there hasn't been any blood that i've noticed since then. I did some research and read that straining like I had can cause a hemorrhoid. So that's a possibility too.

I got a new tube of proctosol-hc 2.5% from a family member to apply to the area last night. It burns really bad after I apply it. Is hydrocortisone creams supposed to burn when applied to hemorrhoids? if not then I guess I have a fissure like I suspected at first.

I don't have insurance and I'm between jobs at the moment, so going to a doctor for analysis on the problem is pretty much out of the question at the moment. I just want my butt to stop hurting so I can concentrate on more important things.

symptoms: I don't have any pain until my first bowel movement of the day. It stings, then the sting goes away while I wipe, but then within a few moments it starts stinging and hurting again. Sometimes the pain is almost unbearable. The pain will last for a few hours and sometimes for many hours, like ten or so. The pain will sometime go away when I start moving around and walk or if I squat, but if I sit or lie down it comes back. the pain also goes away if I wipe even when there's nothing to wipe off.

Is anyone familiar with these symptoms? If so, I am greatful for any input from you.
thanks

Last edited by fiddlerget; 02-15-2009 at 07:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
(male)

fiddlerget HB User
Re: is hydrocortisone supposed to make hemorrhoids burn?

btw, I've started a high fiber diet and my stools are bigger than before. I mean they have a larger circumference.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
(male)

hemmy HB User

In the past when i used proctosol for hems it burned really bad. I switched to anusol suppositories which suited me much better.

As for the stinging, it could be a fissure as some of your symptoms seem to fit from what i have read on the subject here on this forum.

Hopefully others here will chime in who have had personal experience with fissures.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

Try just plain vaseline. It doesn't sting when put on open sores/skin that I've found and has alot of moisture to heal.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
(female)

Nina1st HB User
Exclamation Re: is hydrocortisone supposed to make hemorrhoids burn?

Cortisone shots in my back affected me badly. I could not walk for three days but hydrocortoisone helpsmy hemorrhoids and I have bad ones 9 + pound babies. Yes sometimes it burns.

Closed Thread