It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
(female)

janniepaz HB User
redundant tortuous colon

what is a redundant tortuous colon

Old 04-21-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
(female)

missjan HB User
Re: redundant tortuous colon

I, also would like more information on this. Just yesterday I had a colonoscopy, although I am thankful there was no cancer found, my Dr. didn't even address he had found I have a very redundant, tortuous colon. The main reason I had the procedure is the painful bowel movements, they cause severe cramps, sweating, and nausea. I am very disappointed that the Dr. didn't care enough to explain this condition, just told me to take Miralax for constipation, I found out myself after reading the report I was given. Guess it's up to me to find a Dr. to help me, I've already been down the laxative road and was hoping for real relief, instead, I get a diagnois I don't even understand! Will appreciate any input from anyone who knows something about this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
(female)

Shimmershine HB User
Re: redundant tortuous colon

Hi-
I just found this forum, so don't know if anyone is still looking at this thread. I do have Redundant Colon, and after years of IBS symptoms and agony, I finally got diagnosed about 5 years ago after a barium enema. I have had colonoscopies and sigmoidoscopies before but no one said anything! I have to manage it with diet, and if I don't (I have to have fun sometimes!) it's not fun, but it's still never as bad as it used to be simply because of the way I eat. When I was diagnosed I was told there was surgery but it wasn't really necessary for me and would leave a huge scar.

Does anyone else have this, and have problems of not metabolizing things the way most people do, and it waking you up because food is taking so long to process? My doctor explained that my colon is about 10-15 feet longer than most people's, that most people's large colon goes up, over and down, and mine goes up, over, down, up and down. I saw the enema results and it looked like a circus in there with all the twists!

I'd just like to connect with anyone who also has this- thanks!

Closed Thread