It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Antibiotics are ripping me up!!

Anyone have trouble taking the Z pak or Arithromyacin?? You know the 5 days treatment?? It just has ripped up my tummy, bowels and intestines. I had to take this to kick what we thought might be strep throat coming on. It did heal that but my buttom hurts so bad. I have had violent diarrhea that re opened an anal fissure. Is there anyway to have antibiotics that don't cause so much damage and pain?? I am so frustrated!!

Last edited by TEdds83; 02-23-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
(female)

KD86 HB User
Re: Antibiotics are ripping me up!!

I know what you mean...sort of. The first time I took the Zpak I had diarrhea, nothing like you described, but diarrhea none the less.

Have you tried taking probiotics? When I am on antibiotics I eat a yogurt everyday because the live and active cultures help with the side effects. I won't take an antibiotic without eating yogurt.

All antibiotics come with the side effect of diarrhea. All antibiotics effect people in different ways. Maybe the Zpak isn't the right one for you. In the future you might need to take a different class of antibiotic. It might mean you take it longer, but at least you won't have the diarrhea problem.

Feel better
KD

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2009, 05:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Antibiotics are ripping me up!!

Thanks! I appreciate your imput! It's just so frustrating but I will make it through. Thanks!

Closed Thread