It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
(female)

bixa525 HB User
Here is what is working to heal my fisssure..

First of all I take 4 Citrucel chews every morning with a full glass of water. I eat a high fiber diet including flax shakes and I try to drink as much water as possible. I also take a product in the evening called "Calm" which is a magnesium citrate product that has helped with the bowels a lot. I also drink a small glass of prune juice every once in a while and with all of this my bowels are soft and regular. This is the key to keepimg the fissure from getting worse, you have to have smooth, soft bowel movements. Now for the final fix someone suggested getting a prescription for nifedipine ointment which I did get from my Dr. You do need to go to a compounding pharmacy to get the product but I have to say since using this ointment and being constistent with keeping my bowels soft I am feeling 100% better. I hope this can help some of you because I know how painful and embarrising these fissures can be. If I can answer any other questions feel free to ask me. May God Bless You all with good health!

Old 02-26-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
Re: Here is what is working to heal my fisssure..

What a helpful post.
It's great to read that somebody else has had some success with a self cure for this ailment. I use a slightly different method but yes you are right the key to success is to keep your stools smooth and soft. Does it say on the packaging whether the nifedipine ointment can help with hemorrhoids too?
God bless you too!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
(female)

bixa525 HB User
Re: Here is what is working to heal my fisssure..

You know it doesn't say if it will work on hemmorhoids or not but I had mainly read about it being helpful for fissures and I can definitely attest to the fact that this has helped me immensely. I can actually sit now without pain and my stool is soft and I don't have to worry about retearing the fissure open again. I am very happy so far with this treatment and I am going to continue to use this ointment until it has run out.

Closed Thread