It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
(male)

GodHand HB User
Colonoscopy in 12 hours!

Prep wasn't as bad as I assumed it'd be (judging by what others have said). The stuff I drank was pretty awful, but didn't "go" as much, or often, as I thought I would. I'm clearly cleaned out, though.

Anyways, I have my first ever colonoscopy tomorrow at 9:45 AM to find out why I've been having blood and mucus in my bowel movements along with increased frequency in defecating. No other symptoms. My GI wasn't really concerned, but obviously a colonoscopy is just about necessary and recommended any time someone is having bowel issues.

I am 27 years old and colon cancer does NOT run in my family. My father does have Colitis, though, which IS hereditary (my GI doc and nurse confirmed). I'm putting bets on inflammation of some sort, and I know I have some internal hemorrhoids, too.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
(male)

GodHand HB User
Re: Colonoscopy in 12 hours!

Well the anesthetic drip wouldn't work on me, so I was awake during the procedure. It still wasn't bad until he had to turn into the transverse colon and ascending colon. In the end, my diagnosis is Ulcerative Colitis, and I got 2 meds for it so hopefully I start feeling better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #3

phillipmo HB User

The anesthetic worked TOO well on me. I don't remember a thing. I slightly remember my wife coming to pick me up but nothing before or after that. I don't remember changing or anything. I don't even remember going home.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
(male)

GodHand HB User

Well I was loopy as hell when I got back to the recovery room. I kept asking the same questions over and over. Thankfully my wife was there who noted everything the doctor said, because when I got home, I had no idea what had happened. She had all the answers.

I got one pill medication, called Lialda, and some enima that was out of stock at the pharmacy (lol, I guess this is common?).

Old 03-02-2009, 03:20 AM   #5
(female)

MRSC2008 HB User

I have a colonoscopy & endoscopy in about 10 days time. I have suffered a dull pressure pain for about 6 months now on the left lower part of my pelvis. Im 36 and for at least 15yrs I have suffered severe constipation. I had a recent c.t. scan which showed a dark mass in that area which is unexplained. I think it must be part of a damaged bowel or something. I haven't had blood?
Both my grandfather & dads brother died within a short time of finding out they had colon / stomach cancer.
I keep thinking Im 18 and invincible!!! ha ha
Lets hope its just a simple polyp or ulcer eh?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:29 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lilsunshine46 HB User

Godhand I meant to reply to your post the other day, sorry your anesthesia didn't work too well, but glad the outcome is relately good. UC is better than finding anything else. I have IBS and I have learned to watch what I eat but I still get a whammy every once in awhile. For some reason chicken and pizza are my enemies. I have had 3 colonoscopies in 8 yrs , the 1st the drs found the precancerous polyps so they said it was a good thing I "listened" to my gut haha.

Bonnie

Old 03-02-2009, 05:36 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

lilsunshine46 HB User

Mrs 2008,
Good luck with your procedures. You should post your own post so people will "know" your situation and it will be seperate from from Godhands. That way it will be easy for us when you have your procedures for us to know where to look for an update.

I hope that it will turn out to be a benign situation. My daughter had a lafge ovarian"mass" when she was 11 and thank God it turned out to be benign when they got into surgery. THe drs were talking complete hysterectomy! So sometimes CT s arenot always conclusive.

Good luck
Bonnie

Old 03-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #8
(male)

GodHand HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSC2008 View Post
I have a colonoscopy & endoscopy in about 10 days time. I have suffered a dull pressure pain for about 6 months now on the left lower part of my pelvis. Im 36 and for at least 15yrs I have suffered severe constipation. I had a recent c.t. scan which showed a dark mass in that area which is unexplained. I think it must be part of a damaged bowel or something. I haven't had blood?
Both my grandfather & dads brother died within a short time of finding out they had colon / stomach cancer.
I keep thinking Im 18 and invincible!!! ha ha
Lets hope its just a simple polyp or ulcer eh?
I had a dull ache on my left side during my colitis flair-up. Severe constipation leads to the creation of colitis (so my Gastroenterologist told me). The mass I can't explain, and can't comment on what "dark" means in reference to it.

Good luck to you, though. Keep us posted!

Closed Thread