It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
(male)

fiddlerget HB User
how can i change regular bm from morning to night?

I have regular bm's once a day every morning around 9oclock. regular bm's are a very good thing, but i'm dealing with an anal fissure and it causes pain throughout my mornings after a bm. I'd prefer to start having bm's at night. can anyone explain steps i can take to change my bm schedule?

Old 02-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
Re: how can i change regular bm from morning to night?

Hello mate, we seem to be bumping into each other on these boards.

I know what you mean though because I had the same dilemma when I had my fissure and knew I had to make a 7 hour car journey to go on holiday. The only strategy I could think of was to buy a hand held douche. To save any embarrassment and a funny look from our female chemist I bought one from that well known on line auction house starting with e. I then flushed my colon last thing at night and forced a bm because when the water comes out even though you don't feel like you want a bm some of your stools come out with it and it empties anything waiting to be expelled in the morning.

So in the morning (even though you have had a movement in the night) the final part of your intestine is not full enough for you to want to 'go'. So you don't. You may need to tweak the procedure to suit yourself and you may need to do it a few times at different times in order to train your bowel but don't over do it because you don't want your bowel to get lazy. I have been known to get up in the middle of the night to have a flush out.

Just a tip.....if you buy the hand held douche get the one with the large rubber reservoir for a bigger squirt. Unfortunately it comes with a white plastic nozzle that is a bit too long for comfort (about 4 inches). I caused a bit of pain by pushing the dam thing right in because there is a bend in your colon quite near to your anus and mine seems to be quite short. I often wonder whether people who suffer from fissures have a short last passage which traps a hard turd and causes the muscle to split at that point but there is no evidence for it so it's just a hunch. Anyway I digress. In order to stop any pain caused by pushing the nozzle too far in wind a rubber band half way along the nozzle so that when you insert it you feel the rubber band and stop inserting it any further. You only need about an inch of nozzle in order to get a good squirt of water in and one squirt does the trick. When I was curing my fissure I did it twice because I wanted a really clean colon so that the wound was not handicapped in the healing process by stray feces getting into it.

Lord! The things you talk about with strangers on line. LOL

PS. Look up item number 250365743493 on e
Bay.

Last edited by kennyboy; 02-28-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
(male)

fiddlerget HB User
Re: how can i change regular bm from morning to night?

lol... I know, it's almost embarrassing the things that we have to say to offer a little advice/help on here! I really really appreciate your help and I know others do too!

I can't seem to make myself talk to anyone I know about this, except my grandmother because she's had the same problem and already has the necessary ointments, pads, suppositories, fiber suppliments, etc., etc., that I can borrow until I'm healed. I know I'm on the right track, because the pain doesn't last all day like it did at first.

I'm starting a new carrer as a truck driver, I've had trouble finding a job driving since the economy crisis, and even though I need the income I'm glad I've got some time to fix this problem. if nothing else comes from this, atleast i'll be healthier by eating right, mostly, from now on and drinking the recommended daily amount of water i'm supposed to. and i'll be able to help someone who has the excruciating problem.

Closed Thread