It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
I think i may be back :((

I had campylobacter stomach infection in late 2007. I think it may be back again.

I have had horrible belly ache was 4 days again waking me up in the morning.

I'm not having constant diarroeah but when i need to go its awful. Very loose stool, not watery like diarreoh but lods of it (sorry to much info).

I get tummy ache for a while after ive been as well.
Im sending a stool specimen off tomorrow, but i cant think for the life of me what has caused it again this time. It is supposed to be uncooked meat. Where I work we get loads of different infections and bugs in. We use the toilet in the department too, im wondering if ive picked up something from work.

Any suggestions.
My Gastro did an endoscopy after last episode and said all looked fine but thought i may have some post infection IB. Could i be having another flare up again?

Last edited by Administrator; 03-07-2009 at 02:12 AM. Reason: <Edited: Some readers need to translate from other languages, so please use whole words>

Old 03-07-2009, 01:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: I think i may be back :((

Well the stool sample came back.... absolutely showing nothing on it.

I'm amazed as im having horrible symptoms. They have got a little better since i started the antibiotics.

But WHAT COULD IT BE???

My worst pain is when im waking up in bed in the morning. I usually need to go for a pee pee and then when i get back into bed the cramps start and its usually helped by passing wind(sorry) usually when im up and about its easier. IT feels like wind gripes, but what can it be. Im so fed up with it now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2009, 02:13 AM   #3
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User

What is the quality of your drinking water?

Old 03-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I think its ok.... Why?
When i first pour it from the tap its cloudy, then it clears and it tastes ok.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #5
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User

OK, I didn't realise you were from the UK like me so your tap water should be fine. It's just that contaminated tap water like they had in Ireland a couple of years ago can give you similar symptoms to those you have described.

As you have improved with the antibiotics I would hazard a guess that you have had a dose of food poisoning which can sometimes be quite mild or sometimes debilitating.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

The diarroreah has gone, but im still getting windy pains in my tummy. At the moment i have raging darn heartburn!!

My stomach just feels really off kilt, im pretty sure its my weight too as ive put on a lot of weight lately and i , in th epast have always suffered digestion probs when im over weight.

Closed Thread