It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
(male)

1982atm HB User
hemmys

Hi... I'm haven some prob. i went to a colon and rectal doctor and was told i had a thrombose external hemorrhoid.. since i don't have insurance and this is the first time this has been a issue the doc recommended me to not have a hemorrhoidoctomy, and gave me some prescription ointment. well it has been a week now since it pooped up. but 5 days since i started using the ointments. i have also tried the warm baths and have been laying around not working for 5 days, and its still the same.... it still hurts to bad to go to work but i really need this to get resolved cause im the sole provider of my household any help app...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
(male)

1982atm HB User
Re: hemmys

any help please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User

As you didn't get a response from somebody with personal experience of this and have asked again I've made an effort to look up what the treatments for this are and basically it comes down to either glycerin trinitrate ointment or an incision to remove it. Of the two the research suggests that the ointment is slower acting and the problem is more likely to return than the incision which is a quicker solution and less likely to return.

You may have to take a proactive stance with your medic and insist on an incision if you want a quicker resolution. I'm in the UK and although we don't pay directly for our treatment (it comes out of our taxes) we still can request certain treatment for ailments if there is an option.

I would explain to you medics what you have told us, that you are the breadwinner in your family and that it is important for you to get back to work as quickly as possible. Perhaps they didn't realise that when they gave you the slow cure option, probably because it is less expensive and you don't have insurance.

Last edited by kennyboy; 03-02-2009 at 03:10 AM.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #4
(male)

1982atm HB User

thanks,,, ive been waiting for this to go away on its own for a week now and it has gotten a little better (alittle). it still is very hard like a frozen pea. and it is purplish. the only thing about have'n the clot removed is that i read u should have it done within the first 72hrs as the pain after surgery after that 72hrs is worse than lettin it resolve itself... if anyone has had a situation like mine please let me know what u did

Old 03-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
(male)

1982atm HB User

ok i took a week off of work and as of yesterday it had gone down to nothing but the clot and that was the size of a pea... i went back to work today ( i install cable so i do allot of walking picking up light stuff and driving) and by the end of the day 9 hrs or so, and its now back swollen to the size of a grape.......,and its throbbing.... is it always gonna be like this or will it eventually go away please help i already missed a week of work and if its gonna be like this everyday then im gonna have to have it cut out and deal with the pain of surgery someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 1982atm; 03-04-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
(male)

1982atm HB User

gosh im not getting much input here

Old 03-05-2009, 03:21 AM   #7
(male)

Apart from a topical pain killer to ease it enough for the cream to work I can't think of any other option other than surgery mate.

Replies to posts on this board is a bit hit and miss I'm afraid. There are readers who receive long replies from people and they don't even bother to get back to acknowledge the time they have taken to reply even. No manners.

You have my sypathies and it makes me really greatful for our national health service in the UK which can be frustrating sometimes with the waiting lists but at least you know help is not down to whether you can afford the treatment or not.

Good luck.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #8
(male)

1982atm HB User

thanks kenny

Old 03-06-2009, 03:05 AM   #9
(male)

Hello mate. I was reading about 'Serrapeptase' recently and thought of you and your problem. It is a homeopathic remedy that some people have used for thrombosis. It sounds interesting as it is an enzyme that feeds on the dead blood and gets rid of it. It would be a cure on the 'inside' rather than just the topical cream you are using. It might speed up the healing process somewhat.

You might care to look it up and (depending on how wacky you feel about alternative medicine) give it a whirl. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Cheers.

Last edited by kennyboy; 03-06-2009 at 03:15 AM.

Closed Thread