It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User
Diarrhea for some time.

I'm 30. I had a baby (by c-section) 10 months ago. I've been on Birth Control Pills since my early twenties. About 5 yrs ago, I began having bouts of diarrhea. Usually after eating out. It was bothersome but I never worried about it. The whole time I was pregant I took prenatal vitamins and an iron supplement. I never had diarrhea once. It was great. After coming home from the hospital with my newborn, the diarrhea began again. I kept taking my vitamins and the iron because I was breastfeeding. I had hoped that they were what was keeping my bowels in order. But it wasn't. I often have an urgent need to go at work after lunch. Usually about an hour after I have eaten. It's quite embarrassing to go at work because I work in a small office with one bathroom. Another lady in the office has made it known that she has IBS and comments are often made about her using the whole can of bathroom spray when she is not around to hear. I dread knowing that they may or could already be talking about me too. I have been reading on the boards about acidophilus. I bought a bottle at the pharmacy last night. The capsules are very large so I broke it open and poured it in my glass of orange juice this morning. I'm supposed to take one a day with a meal, per the directions on the bottle. No bouts of diarrhea today. I've had the same exact thing to eat for 2 days to see if this pill makes a difference. Yesterday by this time I had already been in the bathroom. So, my question is, could this really be working this fast? My next question is, is it safe to open the capsule and take it like I am? Also I should mention that my baby has been bringing home every illness from daycare and I've been on 3 antibiotics at various times over the winter. The diarrhea seems to have gotten worse over the last few months. So I'm thinking the acidophilus is going to be the answer for me. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Thanks,
Ally

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread