It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
(female)

lawdogslove HB User
Exclamation I am in so much pain.

I have sharp stabbing pains in my lower stomach. It is so bad at times I can't move. The pain is all the way across. My bowel movements are back and forth. I have some blood. Once or twice a month I have almost black, discharge. It hurts to sit down, stand up, cough, sneez. Sex is almost unbearable. I have had tons of test. They can't find anything. They even did laproscopic on my lower abdoman. All they found was some bowel adhesions. The pains just gets worse. I am going to gastro dr. the 23rd. I hope they find something. Can anyone tell me what this may be

Last edited by lawdogslove; 03-12-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: I am in so much pain.

So, you have not gone to a gastro yet? So, does that mean you have not had a colonoscopy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
(female)

lawdogslove HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntjudyg View Post
So, you have not gone to a gastro yet? So, does that mean you have not had a colonoscopy?
I have not been to the gastro. They were thinking I had female problems. No colonoscopy. I really feel I need one. Nothing they have done is making me better.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

Call and see if you can get your gastro appointment moved up. Tell the office about your pain, black tarry BMs and how long this has been going on. You shouldn't have to be suffering like this. God Bless

Old 03-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
(female)

lawdogslove HB User

I did call. She told me that she under stood i was in pain,but that I had to waite. It took me a month to get this appointment. I went to work today and belly is real big. Really bad day.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User

'All they found were some bowel adhesions'.

Surely that in itself is enough to explain your pain. Adhesions are no small thing.

Failing that if the medics can't find anything obvious I don't know how you expect us to give you an idea based on your described symptoms but I'll try as you have asked.

Have they done any blood tests to check your appendix? Have you tried cutting out gluten to find out if you have an allergy to that or other foods? The possibilities are endless I'm afraid. The dark discharge sounds like old blood which could mean a twisted bowel but you would have thought they would have spotted that easily. Adhesions are associated with bowel twisting and if your belly is swollen then my guess is you have a twist but hey it's only a wild guess as you did ask us what we thought it might be.

Don't understand what you mean by your bowel movements being 'back and forth'. I hope you get sorted out soon as pain for any length of time is bad news. Hang in there and good luck.

Last edited by kennyboy; 03-13-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
(female)

lawdogslove HB User

They said they took care of the adhesions when they were in there. I have had alot of blood test done. I was told that all were normal. I have had my bladder scoped. 3CT scans. Ultra sounds. I have had urine test, vaginal swabs. Test.test.test. The only thing I have not is the colon. Iam concerned because my aunt and g.mother died of colon cancer. As far as the bowels, i am either stopped up, have the runs, or thin amounts that are not worth the effort.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
(female)

Debrrah1 HB User
Lightbulb Re: I am in so much pain.

Hello..
I had severe bowel adhesions for years. As a matter of fact they were so bad I was in the ER once every 6 weeks. The doctors thought I was faking it because the tests only ever showed that I had "incomplete" bowel obstructions. I since had the adhesions removed and my bowels are now wrapped in "sepra film". It is a procedure whereby thta wrap the small instestines in a "firm saran wrap" thus prtecting the bowels from being squished by the adhesions/scar tissue. I have not had any problems since. I also discovered a natural herb that I take faithfully every night and have not had a bowel issue since..It is called "cleanse more" and it is manufactured by "Renew life". I suffered with bowel obstructions dues to adhesions for 12 years before I had the "sepra film" surgery and then the "cleanse more" introduction. Believe me..it works. I also had a colonoscopy and they found and removed some polyps but that was it. Here is some information for you to have a look at. [url]www.seprafilm.com[/url] I wish you all the best because I know exactly how you feel, and in all honesty..the "cleanse more" product I take (bought at a health food store) has been the best thing that every happened to me. It is made up of licorice root, rhubarb root, and marshmellow root...totally natural.. I swear by it, I go every morning like clockwork and I am no longer bloated, gassy or anything along those lines. It saved my life..and not only that, I am on percocet at the moment due to a severe accident whereby I shattered both wrists and broke both forearms and I am undergoing my 5th surgery on March 20th with another 3 surgeries to go (yes it was a horrible accident) and the "cleanse more" still works like a dream. And everyone knows that pain medication constipates but the "cleanse more" just does its thing..Another thing...the adhesions/scar tissue are now wrapping themselves around my large intestines because scar tissue grows like a vine anyway, but with the Cleanse more it has so far allowed me to empty my system without having any obstruction. I don't know whether I will need the "Sepra film" on the large intestine down the road but so far so good. I hope I have been of some help. If ever you need the name of my Dr., who performed the "sepra film surgery" let me know.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
(female)

lawdogslove HB User
Exclamation Re: I am in so much pain.

the last 3 day a new problem as shown up. I have had it problem before but not this bad. When I eat my belly swells up. I look like I am 7 months pregnant. The first day it only last a while. Now It want go down much at all. My pant are too tight to wear on my belly. I don't even want to eat. Should I be worried? They won't see me until the 23rd. I don't know if I can waite!! I don't feel well at all.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:30 AM   #10
(female)

Debrrah1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogslove View Post
the last 3 day a new problem as shown up. I have had it problem before but not this bad. When I eat my belly swells up. I look like I am 7 months pregnant. The first day it only last a while. Now It want go down much at all. My pant are too tight to wear on my belly. I don't even want to eat. Should I be worried? They won't see me until the 23rd. I don't know if I can waite!! I don't feel well at all.
It is possible that the food you are eating is causing you to bloat. There are a lot of "gassy" foods out there...you may need to just "baby" your belly until you see the Dr. on the 23rd. Try eating eggs, toast, soup like chicken noodle, oatmeal, etc...
As for adhesions, they do grow back. They grow like a vine..and it will just wrap itself around your small intestines (bowels) and your large intestine as well. The "sepra film" I was talking about is wrapped around your intestines and it protects them, because the film is like a " very strong Saran wrap", so when the adhesions grow back they will wrap around your intestines but they can't squeeze them closed because of the "sepra film"..so do not worry, just "baby" your belly until the 23rd.

Closed Thread