It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2009, 03:26 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

inglewood HB User
Anal Fissure?

About a month ago I passed hard stool and it felt like I cut myself towards the front of my butt and there was blood and the next day not only did I bleed but the toilet had drops of blood also. I started drinking more water and eating healthier and sure enough the bleeding stopped but the pain is still there when I use the restroom and its been a month. The softer my stool is the better but it still feels like a razor inside me ripping me to peices .Does this sound like an anal fissure to you guys? I have agoraphobia also so a doctor visit isnt my first option and from what I read Im doing ok since I dont have chronic bleeding besides some mild discomfort afterwards for a few hours.

Thanks

Old 03-15-2009, 06:25 AM   #2
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
Re: Anal Fissure?

Yes it sounds like an anal fissure to me.

If you want to try to cure it yourself you must develop stools that are bordering on diarrhea for a few weeks and then let them get a bit firmer (still soft but NOT hard) after that. I found it important to keep the wound clean and used a douche after defecating to make sure no feces could contaminate the wound and set up an infection or slow the healing process.

It's then down to personal discipline from then on. If you track back and read my posts you will read how I managed to cure mine. Good luck.

Last edited by kennyboy; 03-15-2009 at 06:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
(female)

crohnnie34 HB User

you do have a fissure, i would recommend just visiting your doctor, so they can give you a cream that will help it go away. To help you feel better after each bowl movement take some toilet paper and run some cool water on it and hold it to you bum area. that will releive some of the pain and clean out your fissure.

I know these are very painful. I have had my share of them, caused by my crohn's disease. I had to eventually have surgery, cause mine where really bad. Sometimes diet doesn't cure them everyone's different.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

inglewood HB User

Thats what I was thinking that I need borderline diarrhea to not have any pain. Ill have to have more fiberI guess. Ivebeen taking fiber pills butonly oncea day and my stool is soft but not soft enough apparently. Thanks guys!

Old 03-16-2009, 06:44 AM   #5
(male)

In the UK we have something called 'Fybogel' which is basically flavoured ispaghula husk which you mix with water and drink. If you take that (or similar) with meals as well as a couple of desert spoons of olive oil it should keep you just right to not tear again and allow the healing process.

You cannot keep the fissure clean any other way apart from douching as it is internal and you can't reach it.

Don't forget to take plenty of water because without it the fiber in your food or any supplements that you take is useless.
Let us know if you manage a self sure.

Avoid surgery if at all possible. It's the easy option for the medics to recommend because it's a quick solution for them but not necessarily for you. If you read some of the more serious problems on these boards some of them started by letting a surgeon have a free reign with a knife.

Last edited by kennyboy; 03-16-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #6
(male)

stevenmuller HB User

ANAL FISSURE PAIN??
Has anyone found anything that works for the pain? A couple of hours after a BM and sometimes thru the day, I get a really bad burning sensation, that I can't even sit on a chair. I do a sitz bath right after BM, so I think that is why pain happens a bit later.
Thanks
Steven

Old 03-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
(male)

From my own experience the pain you are getting is because you are tearing yourself everytime you defecate. You have to stop that from happening if you want the pain to ease. When the fissure is healing the sensation after a bm is just a mild irritation which goes in several minutes.

The important thing is to keep your stools soft enough not to cause the tearing. If you can do that then your sphincter muscle will relax to allow blood to get to the tear to repair itself. It can take about three weeks before you can know for sure that you are on the mend, but a hard stool can send you back to jail and you have to start all over again so self discipline as regards diet is essential.

You can sometimes ease the pain or stinging by plastering your anus with Vaseline which stops any friction from irritating the tear. Your irritation starts later on after your bath because you start to move your buttocks and cause friction. The Vaseline feels a bit slippery when you walk but the relief is worth the strange sensation particularly when you are driving which can be absolute murder.

It's a long and difficult process healing yourself I'm afraid but it is possible.

Last edited by kennyboy; 03-16-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
(female)

aerokat25 HB User

Dear AF Sufferers,
Make sure that what you're experiencing isnt hemorrhoids. Lots of the symptoms that you have mentioned I have experienced with hemorrhoids. Like for instance the bath taking, the painful bm, the cool rag. All Im saying is that if some preperation h is the cure then thats an easy one and try it. I have even had hemorrhoids that bleed.

Closed Thread